Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So, Rogue One people: did you notice how very analog this film was? Very little in the way of anti-gravity and laser sword tech; a DieselPunk robot sidekick; 8-bit files tranferred via printed disk; etc. Less Star Wars and more WWII war movie.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Finally saw X-men: Apocalypse. 3 out of 5. It was pretty good. Not bad, not great.

For the Apocalypse we got, the story worked. However, Apocalypse was disappointing as he displayed some great powers... but didn't really utilize them. At the end, we finally got a taste of just how powerful he is... but only a taste, in my opinion.

when Jean unleashed... I was giddy with excitement because I expected a BEAT DOWN on Apocalypse. It was... meh. Since his power was, essentially, told to us as incredible, her trumping him wasn't as impressive. It should've been her power unleashing on him MORE... and her beating the crap out of him on the astral plane simultaneously. That would've been satisfying.

The end credits scene has been theorized about the next X-men movie... disagree, now that we know Logan is coming out. That scene teased Logan. The villain of that movie will be Nathaniel Essex... he will have cloned X-23 from the blood samples taken, who is the little girl Wolverine must protect. A... Sinister tale.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I haven't seen it but I can't imagine they used one second of nonCG natural background. Hell even regular TV show dramas are half CG these days

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Sure there was cgi used... but there was actually a lot of on-location shots. So far, the new era of Star Wars films are going "back to basics".

Cgi was utilized for other... specific things.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, GCI Star Wars was dog squeeze; new ones are using location and sets where possible. That snowy forest set in TFA was awesome!

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I thought Rogue One was the best Star Wars film since Empire.

The first Star WARS movie that actually felt like a war movie.

Rented Deep Water Horizon. That movie was really good and I do not know how it did not receive more acclaim. It should be on the Oscar list somewhere IMO. Very thrilling, very emotional.

It apparently didn't do well outside of the gulf states down here which I guess is understandable.

Kurt Russell kills it. Mark Wahlberg continues playing Mark Wahlberg as he always does. He plays an oil rig worker from Louisiana, still sounds like Mark Wahlberg from Boston.

Other than that, 8/10

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I like Wahlberg.....I agree that he pretty much plays all role the same

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Watched an older movie last night ....Strange Days...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114558/
    Written by James Cameron..but not directed by him.

Set in the year 1999 during the last days of the old millennium, the movie tells the story of Lenny Nero, an ex-cop who now deals with data-discs containing recorded memories and emotions. One day he receives a disc which contains the memories of a murderer killing a prostitute. Lenny investigates and is pulled deeper and deeper in a whirl of blackmail, murder and rape. Will he survive and solve the case?

Neat concept...Good movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar