Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol yea if you go to a movie after 6pm it's gonna cost over $10 per ticket. It goes up about $0.25-0.50 a year, it seems.

Cool Springs does a cheap matinee from 4-5:30 for like $5.75. That's when I try to go.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Theaters are gonna go the way of the dodo if this keeps up. There's just not enough cinephiles to make up for those who dumped the pricey tickets for streaming from Amazon on a home theater in which there is volume control.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Watched Gravity last night. Friggin awesome. A movie you can become very submersed in. I thought it was pretty intense. Can't imagine what it would have been like in IMAX.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah it's pretty insane. Last movie I saw in the theater was the new X-Men and I wanna say it was like $25 just for tickets for the wife and I. Then if you get snacks/drinks you could easily be spending $50 for a night out at the movies for two. Meanwhile, I have a 55" TV with surround sound in my living room. And I can just rent whatever movie for <$5 a few months later.

These days I have to REALLY want to see something to justify spending that kind of money for a movie. Especially when more often than not you have to put up with annoying people talking/texting during the movie.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was pretty disappointed with it. Which is a bummer cause I really wanted to love it. Maybe I had too high of hopes but I thought it was ultimately pretty forgettable.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Gravity needed to be seen in theaters and in 3D.

One of the only movies I would ever recommend seeing in 3D.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The story of course was bland but how could it not be when you're just floating in space the entire movie? What I liked was how I had a knot in the bottom of my stomach trying to feel exactly what she was going through. I almost felt like I was about to die alone in space. I found myself breathing rapidly during the movie, and if it does that then it's worth the $14.99 I paid for it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, watching it in 3D, I was only thinking "man, this movie would suck if it werent for the 3D"

Perfect movie to use 3D on, but that's about it.

Bullock isn't strong enough for that kind of role, either.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think that was one of my issues with it. I don't generally mind Bullock and I like Clooney. But for a movie that only features 2 people on screen I think they could've done a better job casting (maybe not from a "star power" standpoint, but certainly from an acting quality standpoint).

Mainly though I just didn't think it was all that interesting, and I typically love space stuff. I was pretty invested for the first 30 minutes or so but after that I was just kind of waiting for it to end. The whole "I'm safe! Oops, guess not." thing started to wear thin rather quickly. I get that you're kinda limited in a "stranded" movie like that, but IDK it just missed the mark for me.

FWIW I didn't hate the movie. But after seeing it I couldn't believe it was even in the conversation for Best Picture.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't mind the ticket price. I don't go to the theater that often. That said, yet again there was some douchebag three seats over having cellphone conversations throughout the entire Ape movie. That **** makes me want to bring an electric stun gun to the movies.
    "Sorry kids, daddy's taking a nap"..

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar