Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

In space noone will hear you scream

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Nickel**** has always been sh*t.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

No.

The Aliens like the black liquid were bioweapons created by the engineers.

There were sculptures of the aliens on the ship in Prometheus.

The ship in Prometheus and in Alien were the same. They were bombers.

You have wait for the sequel to see why they were going to destroy Earth I guess.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Thing was that NOTHING about it made any sense whatsoever.
    I'm not gonna get into why here but Red Letter Media does a pretty good job of explaining "why?"...

Ftr I am a fan of the Alien franchise and I'm always surprised when someone says they didn't know this film was related. The title screen should've been a dead giveaway.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You're kind of missing my point. I never said that hating Nickelback was not justifiable (personally, I don't like their music either). I'm just talking about the mob mentality which exacerbates these ideas/contentions. It's kinda like a meme. Before you know it it's spread like wildfire and all of a sudden everyone HATES Nickelback/Michael Bay/whoever/whatever. When a few short weeks ago they really didn't give a crap.

All of what you said may very well be true. But I'm most definitely not buying that as the reason that every person under 30 suddenly thought Nickelback was the worst band that ever existed. I really doubt the vast majority of teenagers and twenty-somethings could give a fart if a member of the band posed for a picture with some Canadian douchebag.

I would never dare to tell someone who they have to like or dislike. But the amount of passionate hate out there for people like Michael Bay and Nickelback just truly amazes me. And I think it's absolutely the result of lemming/mob mentality. There are plenty of entertainers out there that I can't stand. Know what I do? Avoid them whenever possible. And if they come up in conversation I'll probably say I don't care for them and hope that we move on to another topic soon. Know what I won't do? Write blogs, make youtube videos, lecture the world about how they are the bane of my existence every chance I get.

6. avvie

Or how bout telling us why the earth is covered in signs telling us how to get to the friggin military outpost that's intending on destroying us?

I could swear George Lucas wrote this thing on the same acid trip he wrote Episode I on.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I thought it was a warning, not an invitation.

8. avvie

Why would you warn someone against something that they are unaware of the existence of? How is the position of the hands cradling the constellation a sign of forboding?
    Sorry, it doesnt work.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I thought that is just what they said in the movie.

I think sequels are needed to explain things.

I don't think Prometheus was ever meant to be a standalone film.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

They may have said something along those lines... but, as with anything, that's how it was interpreted... not necessarily what it meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar