Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Considering they stole the entire concept from Terrance Zdunich's opera/comic (Repo, A Genetic Opera) that would be a pretty accurate description..

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I loved Red Cliff. 5 hours well spent

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Can you not anticipate how bad those movies will be just by watching the trailers?

The previews for the 5th film include some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Simply pathetic. I could have walked onto that set and stole the lead guy's role on my first take. That's how bad that loser sucks.

Not to mention, they added the bald guy from Anchorman (whammy) in the movie. How stupid.

To top it all off, the 4th film was titled "THE Final Destination". Can you really be stupid enough to make a 5th one after using that title? To make matters worse, the original title of the 5th film was intended to be 5nal Destination.

What a bunch of chodes. Sadly, many will continue to support these movies just like everyone did with the Saw franchise.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

They should re-boot the franchise and just call it what it is; Funny Ways People Die.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Considering they show every detail of the movie in the trailer these days there is nothing left to guess over.
    Trailers for movies the way they did Jaws and Close Encounters got you interested in the "possibilities" of the movie. Nowadays the only guessing is whether the "cool scene" from trailer ended up on the cutting room floor or not..

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Anybody checking out Conan? The trailer looks like garbage but it is sitting at 80% on rotten tomatoes. Should be brutal.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Brutally bad.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

There are only five reviews right now. You might want to wait for a bigger sample size....

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

There have been early reviews left out of RT that have said that the film is actually not bad, and more akin to the Robert E. Howard short stories. As nostalgic I am for the Arnold original, it was laughably different from Howard's stories (Milius just really, really missed the mark there). Momoa has enough charisma and likeability to make this Conan closer to the original character - tough, brutal, but also with a pretty good humor streak.

My real concern is Nispel, who made the horrendous Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and the rather droll Friday The 13th (fairly mediocre series in its own right). I tend to be pretty nervous about music video directors getting feature pictures, and he's no different.

10. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

Saw fd5... 5/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar