Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Red Skull looked amazing imo.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Easy A

Fear not, men, Easy A is not a chick flick, it's a teen comedy all can enjoy where the lead role was just a chick.

This will obviously be Emma Stone's breakthrough movie and I expect to see good things for her career. She did a great job at playing a witty, sarcastic, wisecracking, wordsmith, her lines and demeanor felt natural and not forced. Think of a snarky Juno. Besides her banters, there are moments in the movie where she had to show versatility and emotion in her acting and I think she is a good young actress. Initially I thought she was too sensual looking for the role but as the movie progresses and she shows off her personality more, they made the right choice in casting her. And her co-stars, Thomas Haden Church and Amanda Bynes who plays the cool, hip teacher and Jesus freak, gave plenty of laughs too. Speaking of Amanda Bynes, I know she always had a baby face, but what happened to her face in this movie? That ain't baby fat, her face puffed up like a blowfish (her figure seemed pretty toned too).

What I liked about this movie was... *gasp* there was actually writing in this and the movie didn't rely on toilet humor.

I've noticed a lot of people say it felt like a classic John Hughes movie, but I didn't really get that vibe except for this being one of those teen comedies where you get some kind of value from it. John Hughes, in case you didn't know, did a lot of the 80's classics, like 16 Candles, Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club to name a few. Now I've never seen 16 Candles so maybe Easy A is 16 Candles for our generation? I don't know, though it didn't feel like a John Hughes movie to me, it did pay tribute to the man by making several references to his classics and even a direct reference to the man himself.

If you need 90 minutes to kill, Easy A is fun, funny and smart. One of the better comedies since Superbad.

7.5/10

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Agreed. Made me an Emma Stone fan.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The Island

*sigh* This should have been Spielberg's movie, not Michael Bay's. First hour was great, was really into it, probably the best first hour of any Michael Bay movie by far, then it started to go downhill from there after everything became "Bay-ized".

A very unenthusiastic 7/10.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Spot on.

9/10

The best sci-fi movie since District 9. A similar kind of premise, in that the heart and soul of the movie is reliant on being able to feel and empathize with something that does not resemble man, but has the ability to show human emotions(they pull it off masterfully).

The best indication of a good movie is if it's over two hours long and it doesn't feel like it. This one is exactly two hours long and I didn't check the time once.

Best movie of the summer and I would totally see Rise of the Planet of the Apes again in the theater, and that's extremely rare for me.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I strongly disagree. 2.5 out of 10

Each to his own but IMO it's a badly written script,weak and full of cliched characterisation.

I was bored and felt that the movie insulted my intelligence because it was so bad. Not the best £18 I've spent at the cinema.

The sadistic technician,the greedy corporate CEO are lazy plot devices.
    The scene on the bridge was ridiculously unrealistic.

......and are we really expected to believe that they would be left alone where they ended up at the end of the movie?

It was bad.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Just because the movie ended doesn't mean the story ended.

8. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

The final destination (4) 3/10

Awful, hope the 5th is better.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yes, those are. Repo Men really exaggerated the greedy CEO bit to the point of being comical.

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Red Cliff. Uncut 5 hour version. Have to watch this in parts. Movie somewhat reminds me of Dynasty Warriors series

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar