Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I recently got Salt, Prince of Persia ,Puppet Master Axis Of Evil, Splice and The Killer Inside Me.

Ive only watched The Killer Inside Me, cause i have a short attention span for action and horror movies. Anyways it's a pretty slow moving movie with little to no big action scenes. But seeing Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson naked is worth watching it alone. Casey Affleck does a good job acting his part. 7/10

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Get Him to the Greek
    I laughed ... but can't clearly point out at what.
    Apatow is either running out of original comedic ideas, or just prefers shockomedy
    good movie, would have been great with a few drab scenes deleted.
    I'm sure everyone here has seen this already, but if you haven't... it's a $1.50 at Carmike 8 Hickory Hollow (which also has A-Team / Prince of Persia / Shrek Forever / Knight&Day / Iron Man2) on right now

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Salt
    Fitting title as this film is nothing more than a condement.

Wafer thin story,5 mins of backstory then relentless action.
    Not a lot of CGI. It was all stunt work which is the director Noyce's style and it was done well.

It was ok. Not great but not bad either.

If an ounce of character development or suspence had been written into it might have been a great film. As it is it's just a better than average actioner.

Worth viewing but I wish I'd saved my money and waited to see it at home.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You have a short attention span so you pick the film adaptation of a slow moving 50's pulp novel.. Did you expect action scenes?
    On the other hand, this one fits perfectly with your "dead girls" motif..

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^You think it's funny that he gets out like 15 bucks cheaper a movie and loses nothing if the movie sucks?

Seems better than the other way, honestly.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Are you responding to my post?

I see them for free, legally, in theaters. I have a few friends who work at movie theaters.

He sees them for free, illegally, in poor quality on a small screen.

How is my way not better?

7. jessestylex

yeah, its not that action that bores me, it's just that action movies are pretty much all the same, blazing gun fights, crashes and explosions. i like some action in movies, but i dont really care for pure action movies. Spiderman,Transformers, SALT etc... just gets old after 30 minutes.

im more into movies more like No Country for Old Men, i also like movies about court cases like My Cousin Vinny. i have no real desire to watch The Expendables. but i do wanna see Ice Cube in The Lottery Ticket.

8. jessestylex

sorry bro, i get the DVD Rips many are Blu Ray Rips. . not poor quality ones. and they look great on the big screen.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're breaking the law. I'm not.

10. jessestylex

you break the law if you do 46mph in a 45mph zone. who doesnt break the law?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar