Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I generally need substance too. My biggest complaint with most action movies is the lack of true suspense. I tend to get bored with the “Oh look at all this crazy action that I know is going to ultimately end up working out for the good guy” type movies. They can be ok at times but they also have a harder time holding my interest.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I guess I need to brace myself to hearing the songs from this movie 30,000 times.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

We could talk about Glass but I'm not going to go there as I'm STILL trying to determine if I liked it or not lol. M Night has me pulled in with Unbreakable and Split and then it all got f'd up in Glass. Good film making and suspense. Exactly what I'm looking for when I go to the movies.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Substance most definitely.
    I recently gave an hour or so to a sup movie that was probably tremendously popular here. Dialog was one pandering cliche after another. It really felt like the screenplay was gangbanged by some focus group with a mandate of one cute punchline delivered every 15 seconds. Bad sitcom style.
    If I turn my brain off I tend to fall asleep - which is exactly what happened with this movie.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Sounds like how the feminist ruined The Last Jedi.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

If you let incels and talk show hosts tell you what to like, you're gonna have a bad time.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Meh... I enjoyed TLJ fine, myself.

8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Not sure how. I loved the Force Awakens.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Oh yeah, Force Awakens was soooo much better than the prequels.

It all will come down to what Abrams does in the 9th one for this trilogy.

Also, the stand alone Star Wars movies have been good.

I'd love to see Ewan McGregor portray Kenobi after 3 and before 4.

Boba Fett... eh, we're getting "The Mandalorian" series.

10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I really liked Solo. It was an entertaining movie. Unfortunately, I think TLJ turned off viewers to Star Wars and Solo suffered for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar