Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

PBs are a badge of honor these days

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Well, thanks

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I’ve bombed several posts that I meant to H5 or lol. I usually catch it though.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I’ve caught myself giving ratings just tryna scroll the page on my phone

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah man. I don't get it. It's like people forgot that movies/shows are supposed to be fun or something. Not even talking about Cruds specifically but it seems like the internet has bred this uppity everyone's-a-master-critic attitude and everything just gets nitpicked to death. I feel sorry for em tbh. They're missing out on a lot of fun stuff. Sometimes you just wanna shut your brain off and be entertained.

6. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Movies are a form of escapism. Really the only requirement for me is it has to be something that is entertaining and can hold my attention. It doesn’t have to be all that thought provoking or have some kind of underlying critique of society though sometimes I like for movies to have that. Really just depends on what I’m in the mood for.

#11196 8and8, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Movies are supposed to be either one of two things or a degree of both.
    Some expression of filmmaking creativity - or a vehicle with which to make money.
    Just because most of the stuff I like is of the former has nothing to do with feeling smart.
    By all means like whatever you like, pursue satisfaction in whatever manner brings you the most joy. Get as drunk as you want to.
    But don't act like any one of you hasn't called something lame that you felt was lame. You know ya did..

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'll call one lame if it had bad production or didnt have any characters that I liked. This covers all of the Star Wars prequels.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The glut of superhero movies, reboots, and remakes have added fuel to the fire.

It’s the same **** every weekend. It’s not just summer blockbusters anymore. It’s year-round. When there is no longer content for me, it’s irritating and easy to become resentful.

Captain Marvel actually looks really cool. Too bad I haven’t watched the other 25 movies before it and would likely miss out on some important details because I haven’t been a Marvel slave since my freshman year of high school.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I want to feel like this but I definitely need substance. I want to leave a movie and still be thinking about it. Explosions and CGI can only hold my attention for so long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar