Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

A lot of the Killmonger hype had to do with his swag and looks, no homo but from the top of my head, he was probably the most handsome villain I can think of. If they got an ugly actor, I don't think the same praise would have been there.

2. GeronimoJackson

Still thought Eric Bana was the best Bruce Banner. My problem with Ruffalo was that he was "too cool" and fit right in with the other Avengers. Bana and Norton gave us a more awkward hermit Banner and that would have made the Avengers more dimensional. As powerful as Banner is, I always looked at him as a benchwarmer on the team. I don't think that would have been case with Bana or Norton (they wanted to bring Norton back but wouldn't give in to his demands when he wanted to take part in writing the script).

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

"Pacific Rim: Uprising"
    This is a cautionary tale which offers commentary on colonialism, societal evolution and both the perks and perils of ever-accellerating technological advancement. Themes of reluctant heroism draw equally from classical literary tomes from Dickens and Tolstoy as well as from some of Shakespeare's greatest tragedies vis a vis "War And Peace", "Hamlet", "Bleak House" and "The Merchant Of Considerable Difficulty". The director keeps the audience fully engaged by superimposing tragedies of both past and present over a parade of antagonists both human and otherwise, mixed with a healthy dose of mcguffins and red herrings to keep us guessing where the plot will twist and surprise us next. The deneument is certainly worth the anxiety; one which will.certainly become the standard by which all following Oscar contenders shall be judged.

Lol jk big robots

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I liked the Eric Bana hulk as well. My only problem with it was he looked too cartoonish as Hulk

5. GeronimoJackson

Keep in mind that movie came out 15 years ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Isle of Dogs - Wes Anderson is my favorite director, but I have no idea about this movie because none of these Podunk theaters around here will show it.

7. Aqutis30

Silverado - I haven't see this movie since I was a kid and it was just as enjoyable.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Can't you see this horse loves me?

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hidden Figures.

Really good. I put it on par with The Founder... SOLID film. Really good acting and direction. Very interesting.

10. Aqutis30

Yea, I really liked that movie as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar