Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Saw Black Panther tonight and thought it was good but far from great. I didn’t think it was anywhere close to being as good as Avengers and Iron Man which are my two favorite Marvel movies.

It’s the offseason. We should have super hero movie wars.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't remember who won Hero Wars last time.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ok - it was Batman who beat Silver Surfer (weird)

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Need stricter "rules" as to what constitutes winning... popularity or just power.

It was like when Wolverine beat Lobo... impossible but that's what the fans voted.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I always voted just by who I liked more. If we're judging by powers then a guy like Batman shouldn't even be on the list. There are characters who are literal gods. Some of the worst/most boring characters are also the most powerful.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Exactly... there simply weren't any real parameters. Some voted who they likes, some power level.

It ended about how I expected when I voiced that problem... it just stopped.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think who you like more is the way to do it. We're talking fictional characters lol. I mean, Batman has beaten Superman in the comics. It could get way too nerdy and convoluted if we're going off who would win in a fight.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This pre-discussion has already gone too nerdy.
    "Wars" is entirely about favorites. Otherwise I'd just ask one of the supes folks who the most powerful Supe was and that would be it. One post.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Specify it more, considering the thread, to film adapted superheroes.

Silver Surfer from Fantastic Four 2 wouldn't make it past the 1st round. You could even have multiple versions: Keaton's Batman vs Clooney's, for instance.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

But you used Batman beating Silver Surfer as an example and commented on it as weird... popularity-wise, not remotely weird.

Maybe when Marvel does its treatment of Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer will be legit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar