Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

If they enjoy it.. why should they??

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That's exactly my point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Griping is about all I’m hearing over Netflix these days. But they are no worse than the other services. There needs to be a master service that unlocks all the movies in one spot..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The problem is people have no self control. We're in the age of binge watching. People watch an entire season of a show in three days instead of three months. There needs to be a constant flow of new content and Netflix has gotten to the point of throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks because they don't have much of a choice.

HBO and Showtime get to pick out fewer high-quality shows and original movies because they still control the flow of the content. One episode of the Game of thrones per week instead of four episodes of Stranger Things on Saturday.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous. Ten bucks a month for a ton of content. And oh btw, no one is forcing you to subscribe. I agree the movie selection is generally lackluster but it's worth the price of admission for the shows/originals alone for me.

Yeah I've been saying this for awhile now. Surprised there's not anything like that yet. I have Netflix, Prime, HBO, Showtime, and used to have Hulu. It can be a chore scrolling through each one individually. And sometimes there's something in particular I know I want to watch and it's a "which service was that on again?" situation.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Apple TV does merge TV and Show availability from the various services to an extent. But it's not a perfect system

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

All the big companies want that Netflix money so they pull their content to put it on their own platform, is: disney.

It's just cable all over again.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I cannot do appointment tv, so I'm fine with a small subscription fee. Some shows I just watch via network apps, such as The Flash via the CW app. The only show I pay for exclusively is Agents of SHIELD, and that $2/episode keeps.the ads at bay. All that said, if it ever gets to being as costly as the cable it was meant to avoid, I'm cutting the Roku.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I watched The Desolation of Smaug over the weekend. I enjoyed it, the Tauriel crap could be left out but Smaug looks incredible.

For all the crap the movies get, they still made a billion each, or close to.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. We're heading towards a world where every single content provider worth half a crap has their own subscription platform. Fine by me really. There's enough good stuff out there that I could probably stay busy with a few services at a time and just rotating subscriptions as necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar