Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Wasn't sure. Figures.
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm obviously not alone in my thoughts...

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I know that' Honest Trailers, but holy sheet that looks painfully awful. I know that Oeter Jackson didn't want this job, and it sure looks like it.
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Pro Bowler

All the Hobbit movies were a snoozefest. Pretty much the Star Wars prequels for LOTR where they replaced all the amazing prosthetic effects with CGI.
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Go Team! Staff

Hobbit's problem that it was three long installments with one film's worth of material. Battle of The 5 Armies should have been "Battle of 5 Minutes" tacked on to the end of the second film.
    GeronimoJackson high fives this.
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

3rd movie was based on 10 pages.
    GeronimoJackson and CRUDS high five this.
  7. GeronimoJackson

Detroit - Which was about the Algiers Motel incident.

One of the more underrated movies of 2017, it was good but fell short of being great. The riot sequence at the beginning could have been done better and the final chapter kind of dragged on for too long, I think the movie as a whole would have been more effective if they didn't have the whole trial scene, I think a good epilogue instead letting us know what happened to the police involved would have been more effective. With that being said, the reason the movie was still good was because the actual Algiers Motel sequence was one of the most intense things I've seen in a movie. My other gripe with the movie was a lot of the best actors were almost criminally underused.
  8. GeronimoJackson

Simple reason why that wasn't the case - $$$