Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

i didn't mind the rock a few years ago. Just too much of him now. He's in everything. Some are bad movies from conception too so it's clearly quantity over quality.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Mary Sue

Ftr, not buying the Mary Sue bit. The idea seems to be that the Force has it's own will and chooses who to work through. Some kid with zero training Force-grabs a broom with no effort at all. Attachments are a big issue, it seems, and Rey has none once she let go of her parents...much like when Luke became detached from Owen and Beru.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

She beat a bunch of trained guards who even Ren - who had years of training - struggled with.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

You're acting like she has no fighting skills... she is actually quite adept with her staff. Quite good. Convert to lightsaber, she can handle it. It's helpful that the force can help physically, also.

Guess it's simply a point of view.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's utter nonsense.

A staff and a sword are two entirely different techniques. Fighting a bunch of grunts in the ass end of no where is entirely different to fighting trained guard who gave the now biggest threat to the galaxy troubles.

It's like being good at street basketball and then thinking you can go up against LeBron James.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

so... you know how good she is, huh? How many years she's been fighting with her staff? How did you get all this insight?? Oh yeah... making it up so your opinion is "right". I KNOW people adept with one hand weapon that picked up a different weapon and handled it quite well utilizing similar techniques. Not farfetched at all. Unleash you want it to suit your argument.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Although TFA didn't show it, her scavenging career on Jakuu was pretty competitive and she did have to toughen up to survive.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who trained her? She lived on her own. How indepth could fighting on Jakku be? How does that even make sense she is better than someone who spent years training.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Street basketballer vs NBA basketballer.

It's a world of difference. I know how to punch someone, doesn't mean I could beat Mike Tyson.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Working my way through The Hobbit Trilogy. Just realized I never watched it, for obvious reasons - 3 movies made from one, relatively, short book.

From that standpoint... frustrating filler.

As for just movies... they're good. Well done. Ok, finished the first one only, so far.

It's pretty good... if l ignore my frustrations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar