Move Vince Young to RB in 2008?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanFan4Life, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

An award winner!

Dumbest idea in the history of gotitans! By far!

I love titan jeff's sarcasm.

:banned: :banned:

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I couldn't read anymore threads when I saw this.... Are you F'ing kidding me? Possibly the dumbest statement I've read on here!

Quit comparing Young to a thug like Vick.

3. teegee

teegee Guest

We know the Titans aren't gonna move VY to running back -- that's just silly. The kid definitely needs to improve as a passer, especially his accuracy, but that doesn't mean you just blow the whole thing up and move him to RB (or any other position).

IF VY was going to play a different position in he pros, he would have been moved there as a rookie, as several other college QB have done in the past. For example, Brad Smith is now (mainly) a WR with the Jets and Michael Robinson is (mainly) a RB for the 49ers. But the big difference is that the guys who change positions do so becuse they aren't considered legit NFL QB prospects. VY, on the other hand, was not only considered a legit NFL QB prospect, he was considered a probable future franchise QB. You just don't go changing positions on a guy with that high of a ceiling.

Now, it will probably take VY a few more seasons before he can honestly be grouped wih the best QBs in the league. Yes, it's possible that he may never become an accurate enough passer to make him a perennial Pro Bowler or top 5 QB, but right now, anyway, the odds are in his favor.

4. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

No, it was not drugs, nor alcohol, nor steriods (as Gunny so intelligently assumed :rolleyes:) that prompted me to create that ridiculous thread, it was all of the other nonsense going on and I decided to make a huge joke out of it and just take shots at all of you.

Dumbest thread of all time, YEA IT WAS. I make no apologies for that, it was designed to be to get your head's out of your butts.

I love this team and I love Vince Young (no homo) and think he is just fine at QB. In fact, I would rather have no other QB in the league (not even Peyton), at the helm. I really think that we have a legitimate shot at going 3-0, and if we had ANY OTHER QB, that thought would never cross my mind as a potential reality.

Jesus... I can't believe that everyone took such offense to this thread, you people take things WAY to seriously, I can't believe it wasn't realized it was a joke.

I know a lot of members did in fact realize it was, and for that I am grateful that we have some intelligent members.

GT3801 made a great post over in the Kerry Collins over Vince thread about the nonsense that is going and how it has to stop and I agree with him 100% which was the whole reasoning behind the thread in the first place even though it just lead to making the problem worse.

So here is to some future quality posts.

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Many people will likely see this as a futile attempt to "save face" after presenting yourself as a complete tool in this thread.

If this was truly an attempt at humor, then I would suggest not quiting your day job to work on your comedy act...

6. TitanFan4Life

REALLY?? Thanks for that advice bro!!! :rolleyes:

I don't care how anyone sees it, all people who's respect I actually care about already knew my motives..

I never save face and don't care if members such as 12pack are intelligent enough to pick up on sarcasm

7. TitanFan4Life

REALLY?? Thanks for that advice bro!!! :rolleyes:

I don't care how anyone sees it, all people who's respect I actually care about already knew my motives..

I never save face and don't care if members such as 12pack aren't intelligent enough to pick up on sarcasm

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

You are seriously on drugs man. We will be a 9 game winner this year, be top 5 in rushing, and you will eat lots of [​IMG] :moon2:

I just read through the thread, and if this thread was meant to be tongue in cheek, you will need to work on your delivery.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's more realistice to suggest Michael Vick as a RB if and when he ever returns to the NFL, most likely it'll be in the CFL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar