Move Butler to the Nickel.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Been saying it....

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Butler is a stout defender, solid tackler and a really good CB on short & intermediate routes. He absolutely sucks at defending the long ball, has no business out there. He's been burnt on every deep ball thrown his way and Wentz was straight up pickin on him which shows the lack of respect they had for him to cover.

We definitely overpaid to get him here and that's fine because he is solid in every other area just can't expect him to protect the big play downfield.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I really dont care I'm glad we finally have an aggressive corner who dosent line up 100 yards off the receivers.

Sure he is giving up a bomb every game but so what !!Make them earn it with a difficult throw over the top.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Personally don't think Butter is playing as bad as advertised.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Ryan is a very, very good Nickel CB. Nickel is considered the tougher position in today's game because you have to blitz, help in the run, cover quick slot receivers, and still cover deep at times.

Ryan is better than Butler at that, and I'd rather have the better player for the slot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Even if that's true, all it really means is that he isn't literally the worst cornerback in football.

His stats are awful.

Times Thrown At: 27 (sixth-most)
    Receptions Surrendered: 21 (fourth-most)
    Yards Allowed: 397 (most)
    TDs Allowed: 4 (most)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Butler at times is treated like a corner who has the ability be left on an island and fend for himself, when he actually needs help or to be shadowed up top.

I'm sure just like any other corner, the times you don't see him, he's probably doing his job.

But I feel every other pass play he's getting picked on with great success.

8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Yet I was chewed up by all these Titans homers when I said he was overrared and waaay overpriced when J Rob signed him to a huge contract.

Fail. Had a chance to get Bouye (who by the way is having a great year so far) to a one-year wonder in Butler.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

fixed that for you

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Because of his aggressive coverage he gets beat deep. Also because of his aggressive coverage he is really good inside 20 yards and is a big reason why our red zone D is ranked #1 after 4 weeks (at least I think I saw that in the stats thread). Is the trade-off worth it? I don’t know. Maybe. For the first time in years I trust the coaching staff to figure out this kind of stuff.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar