Moulds Out to Prove Worth to Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After being released by the Texans, WR Eric Moulds remained unsigned for five months. When the three-time Pro Bowler signed a one-year deal with the Titans for the veteran minimum of $820,000, he didn't receive a signing bonus to do so. "I didn't want a signing bonus," said Moulds. "I just wanted a straight base (salary), and I just wanted to prove what I could do. I want to prove that I could still play and that I still have gas left in the tank. If I play well for them this year, maybe they'll want to sign me and bring me back." After five days of training camp, he has been on of the most consistent receivers on the field making a number of difficult catches.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I am glad to have him. I hope he does well, but if he thinks we're gonna believe he didn't want a signing bonus......:biglaugh:

3. bzdell917

bzdell917 Guest

I agree... I love this pick up... we are still one of the youngest teams in the league and bringing a guy like this guy is Great, our team needs his leadership

4. This guy was amazing on Nfl Street 2, so he obviously is going to be amazing for us! I like my logic on this one.

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Great!

That was a great move by our GM. Eric Moulds still have some skills,the offensive line in texas was terrible so therefore David Carr didn't have enough time in the pocket to pass the ball around that often. Moulds had 57 catches for 557 yds avg 9.8 per catch while, Andre Johnson had 103 catches for 1147 yads avg 11.1 per catch. So with all these said it wasn't a bad year after all for Erick if we do the math!! He was a #2 receiver so the ball only went one way. He will prove he can still play and has the fire in him to prove it!! Go Titans!!

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

He is a much better pickup than Keyshawn and probably as good.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I went to camp yesterday and got a real good look at him... He is BIG and looked great... I think it was a great pick up!

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We get Vetran leadership and he's out to prove he can still play and is. This is good for the Titans but especially Young.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Despite what many said here when Moulds was signed it will be one of the most important additions of the year. He brings size, great hands, excellent at reading defenses, will be a great team player but most of all his knowledge of the game will be of great benefit not only to the WR's but to VY as well. Moulds will know where to go and will get himself open when VY starts to move that will make VY even more dangerous. It looks like the additions of the CBs and other free agents is having a very positive impact too. I think it's time to give our GM some credit for the job he has done so far. Everything I read from the papers and on line as well as the info from you that attend practices sounds like our team is really coming together.Thanks Mike R. great job, now lets get Rice ( DR. Andrews says he 100% thats good enough for me) and we can get to the playoffs.

10. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

The article in the tennessean.com got me even more excited. This guy sounds like he has the same chip on his shoulder that LenDale had, only, I actually feel like he's not all talk when he says he's got something to prove. Especially when we hook up with Houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar