Most polarizing Titans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jedimasterbyrd, Oct 6, 2009.

?
  1. Pac Man Jones

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Albert Haynesworth

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Vince Young

24 vote(s)
    53.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Ok, so over the years there has been a special few players who were like meatloaf you either loved them or hated them. I remember some good Pac Man and Fat Al debates on here so in light of the Vince Young mega saturation of this forum I wanted to see where he stood with the polarizing greats.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think you made a mistake by using the word 'polarizing', and having Fisher as an avatar, but I'd say Haynesworth made more happen. Vince is my man, and I hope he gets it going, but fact is our offense can go without him. Our defense however is nothing minus Fat Al. Or it could be our defense is nothing without a coordinator. Either way we don't have either of the two now, and Vince isn't getting a fair shot so I'd say Haynesworth is the most polarizing of your three listed. A lot of people would say we don't need a single one of the listed names, but we do. Pacman could help our secondary, Big Al could help our secondary, and Vince might as well play in our secondary.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

meatloaf is only mehh for me, dont love it or hate it... the similie just doesnt do it for me

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince is pretty close to Pac Man... but no one could light up a forum thread like Pac. The Vince debates are heated and endless, and sometimes mildly insulting. Pac Man threads were all 20+ pages of ugliness that started with every taboo issue on the forum and spiraled down from there. Just like his career...

5. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Haha, good stuff. I guess Jeff should be on that list.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's so obviously Pacman Jones, nobody comes close. He took an all star career and threw it away for strippers then bashed the city/team when he left and failed in Dallas. I used to defend him all the time too up until the Vegas incident, there was no way to keep defending him and I'm glad he's not on the team anymore.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

pac for sure. polar as ever; at times he was called all pro along with champ at others a criminal.

although albert comes in close second; might have been kicked out of the league or at least reputation in the gutter, only to become the most dominent lineman in the game.

edge to pac b/c big al has been there for a while, but pac was polar from the day we drafted him.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Pacman was the worst case of wasted talent we've ever had. This guy would have been one of the greats. With the ball in his hands, he had the power to score each time. And well, he blew his whole career because he's a douche.

VY has the power to make some exciting and explosive plays too though. But his mom made him look like a crazy, mentally unstable, crybaby, mama's boy. That's gotta suck. And he's a nice guy. All controversy aside, Vince was looking good coming into last season and at least he still has a career in the NFL to look forward to.

Albert is way too fat and will never live up to his deal and Pacman is washed up and burnt out.

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Gotta be Pac, because he just had so much talent and so little brain... In VY's case, his failings are on a football field. He has talent that he hasn't been able to translate too well, but at least we aren't saying 'what if, what if...'
    In Pac's case; he could have been the best corner the league had ever seen. At one point he was one of the most exciting both on defence and the return game... Now he's nothing.

I think the sheer talent that was wasted on that idiot is one of the things that makes us hate him all the more. Why couldn't that football-playing ability have been granted to a guy like Jarrett Payton, who is a genuinely good guy? Sigh.

Similarly, and though the numbers dissipate with each Pac disaster, there were some who were blinded by that talent into thinking he'd change. I was that way for a long time... But now I don't care bout him at all.

10. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Put me in the fan club also man I was blinded by Pac thought he would change. He had so much talent I mean he just seem effortless I still wonder what type of player he could be? Dude was a beast . Vy would be second dude has a lot of talent I think the whole debacle last year hurt his Career. I don't think he will be able to bounce back with the Titans , but I believe he will go some were else and get another shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar