Most likely choice for QB2?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 2, 2019.

?
  1. Bridgewater

11.6%
  2. Foles

5.8%
  3. Taylor

30.4%
  4. Fitzpatrick

1.4%
  5. Siemian

5.8%
  6. Osweiler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. McCown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Draft pick

17.4%
  9. Gabbert

27.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I don't want to hear another word about potential. If you can scheme a play where he can run in a straight line unimpeded or throw it to an open receiver in the middle of the field, he looks great. When he has to do things successful QBs do, like throw with anticipation, fit the ball into tight Windows, extend plays, progress through his reads, read and react properly to a blitz and pressure in general, he's just bad. He's nowhere close to top 10, and I'd say of all teams with established starters of 2 years or more, we are in on of the worst positions in the league, if not the worst.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Don't know what games you've been watching.

Hard to throw with anticipation with only 1 returning starter and he's a 2nd year guy in a new system. He's had a new OC pretty much every year he's been here.

Fit into tight windows? Check. His accuracy isn't an issue. And he improved on his deep ball this year (how many drops?).

React and read the blitz? He improved this year. Baltimore game was horrible but outside of that he improved. Looked really good right before the injury.

In general he's bad? Naw bruh. Not even close. He lit some teams up this year and was never the reason we lost. Even in the Ravens game, people were in his face as soon as he finished his drop.

He's a top 10-12 QB.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With Flacco on his way to Denver we need to be all over Case Keenum if hes cut.

Cant see denver paying both Flacco and Keenum their money.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Throwing a TD to himself comes to mind.....
    :brow:

• LOL x 2
    • Cheers x 2
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. Chad

Chad Special Teams Standout

Top 10-12 QB? The same guy with 24 TD’s vs 23 INT’s the last two years lol. Come on man, you can’t honestly believe that haha.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I agree with this part of your response.

I do not agree with pretty much all of this.
    He has done nothing to show “elite potential”. He has shown flashes of being a capable starter.

I agree with not adjusting plans as in waiting until 20’ to draft his replacement and used 19’ to build the rest of the team around his replacement.

He is no more clutch than many other marginal QBs throughout the history of the game, and even if someone finally showed proof of something more than that, it still isn’t worth it because of how often he clearly doesn’t show he’s any good at any “non clutch” time.

He is arguably a top 20 QB at best. No way could I say 10-12 and there is nothing to justify you saying that either. He will never be top 5.

Don’t care about speed or arm if it can’t produce results. Jamarcus Russell had one of the strongest arms ever, he sucks. There’s plenty of fast QBs out there too. That doesn’t help him throw a ball.

Don’t know what you mean by “won like Mariota”. I’m sure the number of QBs that have reached a 27-28 career record is in the 100’s.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

Can you define “lit up”? Maybe Philly, that’s about it.

This may be one of the better troll attempts I’ve seen.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

Why? Keenum is garbage.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Houston, second time, even though we lost

10. HurrayTitans!

303 yards and 2 TD is “lit up”?

That’s like a bad week for Brees or a handful of other QBs.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar