Most fun I've had in awhile

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't know how many of you guys have ever done White Water Rafting, but I finally edited the video of my first time. It was probably the best time I had on my African holiday.

If you care to watch, I am sitting front left for all but the last one where I am in the middle somewhere.

And yes that is me drifting down the river after I got knocked off.

[ame]http://youtu.be/LXFYi5zI3T4[/ame]

The final part you can skip but it shows the climb back up Vic Falls...it was a killer.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I went on an 8 day rafting trip down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. Most fun I've probably ever had. It's the best rafting venue in North America and one of the best in the world.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Definitely, I've heard the waiting times for that are ridiculous and it doesn't run in Winter?

4. RavensShallBurn

Yea, my dad must've got on the list way, way back. We went in July of 2000.

I think they only run June-August or something like that. The water was 58 degrees when I was there. That's pretty normal, but you can get hypothermia if you stay in too long.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Occoee.. first time I went I saw the dam at the take off point and was gullible enough to believe we were going down that :(

The massive rocks at the bottom should've given it away..

6. RavensShallBurn

Don't even talk about the Occoee.

Bad memories. Almost drowned because our stupid c*nt 80 pound woman guide. Won't get into it anymore because it pisses me off too much.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We had this guy on the trip, you'll probably see him at the end. He was huge, when I got washed off and got picked up by another boat which, as soon as I got in, tipped, so I was back in the water. Got to the overturned raft and held on until we tipped it.
    This guy had fear in his eyes like I've never seen before.

My girlfriend almost drowned a chick who tried to get on the boat because she was holding her life jacket when my g/f was trying to pull her in.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've gone down parts of the Tennessee River, but it wasn't considered white water rafting, but there were plenty of rapids. Had a great time. Would love to find the time to go on something bigger.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

great video Gunny. I know you had a blast even being thrown out..lol

I have a nice scar from the Ocoee. My daughter knocked me out of the raft then another raft went over me and pushed me to the bottom of the river. A piece of wood into my hand. I squeezed mud out of it for a week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've done the Ocoee a few times and the trip down the Colorado River is on the bucket list. This is an awesome video. What a fantastic trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar