Most down to earth Titans players.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Just curious to know who are the most down to earth Titans players you've come across and who are the worst..

The coolest Titans players I've come across are Jayon Brown, Jake Locker and Steve McNair.

I remember actually first meeting McNair in 2003 when the damn Colts beat us 29-27 on a super cold day in Nashville. Didn't even know, but I stayed 4 doors down from the McNairs in the Ramada Inn (since changed the name) across from the stadium. I just remember them bringing McNair in a golf cart and he was in a boot cast. He literally avoided everyone in the hotel parkinglot for an autograph, but took the time out to take a picture with me for some odd reason. I'll always remember that day.

Jake Locker was super cool with me when I saw him at a scrimmage. Dude literally was so down to earth with everyone.

I would have to say that Jayon Brown has been the most down to earth player I've ever met, besides Robaire Smith. I actually remember talking to Jayon the last time we were in Atlanta. Dude talked to me like we were friends during pregame.

As for the worst Titan player, I would have to give it to Haynesworth. I usually don't stick around after games, but the times I did, he was a POS to everyone. I don't think he stopped and signed for anyone after the games.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Tbone in TN

Tbone in TN Special Teams Standout

Most down to earth was Taylor Lewan
    Most obnoxious was a tie between Albert Haynesworth and Chris Johnson

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

I would see Albert Haynesworth on occasion in downtown Fort Lauderdale. He would frequent one of the popular bars on Friday nights. Always seems like a chill dude. Never caused any problems.

Then AFTER the Redskins, I randomly saw him outside of a corporate building in Boca Raton. I told him I was a Titans fan. We took a picture. He was super nice.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Haynesworth used to come to the bars in Knoxville when I was at UT and talk to students fwiw.

I went to a practice as a kid and Chris Sanders threw the ball with me a few times then signed a card for me. I will never forget that.

Kearse was always good about signing autographs and talking to fans after open practices too.

VY and Locker were pretty cool about that too. Never could get McNair to come say hi though.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

When visiting Nashville in 2017 with family I went to shop at the Titans main shop connected to stadium on a off day. Parking lot was a ghost town and one of the guys in there said Brian Orakpo was coming soon to the empty parking lot with a semi and doing donations I believe it was for his hometown Houston area when they had the Hurricane Flood? If I remember right.

Anyways, his wife and small kid were there with him and he was super chill - took some photos with my family and all that as they we're setting up.

Long before that the only other time I ran into Titans/Oilers players was at the very last Tennessee Oiler game December 26th 1998. Freezing cold that day - some snow on the ground.

Whatever left of the dwindling crowd stayed outside - I had a similiar experience with Mac Nair as you did Titanup. Dude with his wife next to him made a B-line outta there as the remaining fans yelled for him to stay and sign autographs. He got in a get away car and that was that. That's probably just his personality from what i've gathered - shy but humble.

Anyways ended that last game with a few autographs from inside that last TN Oilers game pamphlet - I want to saw Perry Phenix was one and then I believe it was (the late) Josh Evans who took a picture with my cousin and I - he was still holding the old Oiler helmet in his hand so that was a cool memory.

#5 dtm586, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Lewan

I was at the farmers market one day and saw him walking about 20 yards away. I went up to him and said something along the lines of "were rooting for you to do well."

I tried to make it quick because I didn't want to be one of those people that were a pain while hes out on the town. He wasn't having it. Kept talking and bsing when we were trying to get away so we relaxed and talked to him for a good 10 minutes.

Got a picture with him and went about our day.

I was already a huge Lewan fan at the time but was even more so after how he treated some random star struck fans

#6 Alzarius, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • High Five High Five x 4
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Literally all lies

8. PressThe5N9

PressThe5N9 Starter

The guys I say we’re the most personable and respectable (of the ones I’ve met) would be Delanie Walker and Michael Roos. I think it was either the 2013 or 2014 season during the open practices when I took my daughter (who was probably 6 or 7 at the time) down to watch the team. Several players were signing autographs and both Walker and Roos came over on their own, as they were not scheduled to sign that day, and we’re going along greeting fans and talking some.

My daughter had a mini Titans helmet and we tried getting their attention. She yelled for Delanie and he looked up while she was several rows back standing on a garbage can. He motioned for her to come down and get the helmet signed. He stopped and waited for her to get to the fence where he was at, then signed her helmet, and she was thrilled! After she walked away, he went back to signing for more kids.

Michael Roos was a gentle giant so to speak, and spent time talking with the fans there.

I met Justin McCareins and Joe Salave’a at a place I worked in the early 2000s. These guys were regulars and enjoyed cutting up and having some laughs.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Poor Josh Evans

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Coolest guy I met was Robaire Smith. Saw him in a store in his hometown.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar