Most Disappointing Player...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 28, 2011.

?
  1. Eugene Amano

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. LeRoy Harris

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Jared Cook

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Marc Mariani

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Damian Williams

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Michael Griffin

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  7. Barrett Ruud

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  8. Derrick Morgan

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Other (please list)

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Most Disappointing Player...

Who is everyone most disappointing player this year, besides CJ. Obviously CJ would get the majority of the votes, so i'm curious to who else everyone thinks has been sucking hard this year. There is plenty of options (sadly)...

Eugene Amano - paving the way for our 2YPC superstar RB. Pretty much terrible all year and lets opposing DTs wreck our backfield, but oddly 90% of the time it's on run plays. Decent on passing plays (nothing great though). The center is suppose to be the "leader" on the offensive line, and with two HOF OL coaches, I can't understand why they have faith in him.

LeRoy Harris - basically read Amanos comment.

Jared Cook - Supposed 'break-out player' for this season has done next to nothing. 13 catches, 230 yards, 2 TDs (keep in mind 80yrds & 1 TD came from a lucky play). Blocking is terrible, when he's in the game the defense basically knows it'll be a pass.

Marc Mariani - Pro-bowl returner, hasn't done anything as well. Although the NFL is partly to blame for the new kick-off rule, but other players are still getting solid returns. Mariani is 13th in Kick Return Avg & 23rd in Punt Return Avg - also has 0 TDs.

Damian Williams - 3rd round pick in 2010. Was suppose to be our starting slot guy, and with Britts injury he's been our #2. Hasselbeck has been putting up career numbers, and this guys #s still are bleh. 10 catches, 99 yards, 2 TDs, and 10589158 drops. Seems to always be running the wrong route and has hands made of bricks. The potential is there, but he's been a disappointment thus far.

Michael Griffin - Pro-bowler in 2010 (and 2008). His stats are average (at best) through six games: 30 tackles, one pass defensed, no interceptions and no forced fumbles. He also keeps missing on impact plays (like the Browns missed INT), gets blown by on coverage, and can't tackle (see Arian Foster arm tackle attempt). Griffin has done terrible this year in our secondary, and on a final contract year?

Barrett Ruud - Our replacement for Stephen Tulloch. 47 tackles in 6 games, but yet seems to get dominated on every run play. He's decent in coverage, but can't tackle any NFL RB. He's suppose to be our 'man in the middle', but hasn't shown me anything. I'm ready for Colin McCarthy to take over.

Derrick Morgan - 2010 1st Round Pick. Looked like he'd be a solid pickup last year when he posted 1.5 sacks (plus another that was taken away due to "leading with the helmet") in 2 games of full playing time... then got hurt. So far this year he has 2 sacks and 8 solo tackles, and has started in 5 games. Not terrible, but for a 2nd year 1st round pick, the numbers are just average (especially when a 5th round pick, Karl Klug, is putting up the sames #s).

NOTE: Didn't list Chris Hope or Jordan Babineaux, mostly because nobody expected them to do great things.

Sho who's your vote for? Why?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My votes for Griffin.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I have to go with Griffin. I expected more of him than just being average.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I voted Ruud. Tully could've helped us out more this year IMO. Would've liked to see what he could've done with a new DC.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Cook has disappointed me, I thought he was gonna go nuts. Has all the talent in the world, apart from blocking. Looked silly against the stoolers.

Williams hands were 10 times better last year, what happened.

Griffin can hit the road in the offseason if he keeps this up.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yeah griff got my vote....first round safety in his 5th yr or watever should b a very feared player, this guy is now soft.

he was SUPPOSED to be coming out of college i remember bad at coverage, but very good tackler and very good in run support.

and i remember they put him at CB first yr training camp....not sure why. but i always thought to get his coverage skills better.

i don't know what happened with him, i mean he had a couple good years (statistically) and has had some good moments, but thats not a veteran first rounder. you need to be consistently good and the stat thing has nothing to do with that.

Safety in the nfl now is a real playermaker's position, they get to do a bit of everything. Run support, pass support, blizing - essentially they are a blend of CB and LB, usually leaning to one depending on the scheme they are in, the team they are playing against, and off course type/size player they are (LB ala tory or CB ala reed, etc...). but the depressing thing is that this guy didnt excel in seemingly any area - and i doubt its our system thats holding him back.

the only time he really shined was when we had a crazy pass rush, but as a safety thats heaven for ints, which is wat he got. but receivers still beat him a lot and that accounted for a lot of his tackle numbers.

the bears released chris harris, i read the article they said he was under performing, so he prob sucks. does anyone no about this guy? our safeties suck, we are consistently getting beat over the top - even babs now is not playing too well. and i dont think this chris guy deserves his own thread, as it would serve as strictly a hype and hope thread... And for this reason i am asking it here...

on another note, CJ and Griff made their name appear on another list - si's version of cr*p players - check it out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...underachieving.team/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a1

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This poll is like choosing between being hit in the head with a claw hammer, tazed in the genitals, a colonoscopy without anesthesia...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Had to go with Griffin. Just hasn't been the same since last year.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Expected Griffin to suck as he has for the past 2 seasons.

Gotta be Amano.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Kenny Britt.

Sure he played good. But then he got injured. Will he ever be back to 100% again? Will he ever be able to start a full season and not end on IR? That's all very disappointing to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar