More Taywan Taylor & Less Eric Decker in Slot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jeff_The_Fan, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff_The_Fan

Jeff_The_Fan Starter

I went to the game and played specific attention to Eric Decker on several passing plays. Decker did not look quick out of his breaks and did not seem to have much run after catch potential on those WR screens. Taywan Taylor appears to be a better choice at the slot and running screens.

If the Titans roll with Decker in the slot, they have downgraded from Kendell Wright in the slot. Taylor should easily able to match the Kendell Wright production with the potential to be an upgrade. Maybe, Decker can be an end-zone pass receiving threat.

On the positive, Corey Davis is an upgrade at WR!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Last year it took us 4 weeks to stop forcing plays to Andre Johnson ... I'd expect the same this year.

But I agree, more TayTay and less BDD

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

would have had the potential to have been a nice play had it been a pass to Taylor and have Decker out there to block.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Playcalling, in general, felt very uninspired.

I think Murray has lost a step, but it is hard to tell because Oakland did not have to cover anything deep. I do not remember any attempts at going deep, and am confident that hurt the run game. After that first catch from Davis, I wanted to see him go deep just to strech the field out. For whatever reason, Mularkey wanted Oakland up close the the line.

It didn't reflect it stat wise, but this was one of the worse called games I can remember.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

agree. very predictable it's like he's got too many weapons and he doesn't know what to do with them. Matthews and Davis are clearly our 2 best wrs.

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Murray looked good on 1 or 2 carries and just had no burst. I hope Henry can get equally the same amount of attempts as DeMarco next game. It did seem like we were trying to force the ball to Decker.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

There's that f'ing "P" word gain.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Taywan played just 6 snaps. That surprised me. He needs to be more involved

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah... didn't understand running screens with our slowest WR.

But that's a Titans tradition. We love throwing to slow dudes on screens. Always have.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Decker was completely unimpressive. He didn't even look like a professional NFL player-looked more like a beer or blue jean commercial dude just trotting around. He can kiss my azz until I see him make a damn play.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar