More proof the SEC is faster and better

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually, people do act like the SEC is miles ahead of the competition. That's the problem. If you look at the numbers and all aspects of it, they aren't that much better than the next best. And SEC fans are the worst about it. They claim "SEC BABY!" when a team other than their own wins something. It's silly to me, but when your team sucks, I guess clinging to the conference is all you can do. You'll never hear a titan fan say "AFC SOUTH IS THE BEST!" when the Colts win. Very well could have been the best division last year, but who cares?
    That's the only problem I have with the SEC. That they can use that silly "We beat up on each other" excuse as a reason to be ranked WAY too high every year in the early polls. And even in the later polls, for that matter. (look at this past season)

They are the best. That's understood. As long as they keep winning the nat champ game, despite how badly that team plays prior to it, it'll be hard to argue.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I wouldn't expect a Northerner from Michigan to understand the South. The tradition of the South (which was forced on them) is to stick together for the better of us all, but beware when the competition is only between us.
    There is a union among Southerners, which is ironic when you consider the War Between the States was fought to preserve the Union, which apparently today there is none among Northerners...

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Ever met an Ohio State fan. Every year they talk about how great their team is, of course its easy to look great against Youngstown State
    Must be talking about Vandy fans ;)
    don't have to, it's widely understood that right now the AFC south is the best division...
    They do beat up on each other. This year, they have 4 teams in the preason top 10. The beloved big 10 has 1.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

SEC is the best and will be the best until another team steps up from either the Big 12, Big 10, or Pac-10.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Which is the exact reason they're overrated and always ranked way too high. I'm surprised they didn't just rank the SEC.
    Everyone is on Georgia this year. I think they'll be good, but just because they're in the SEC people are buying in to thinking they're great. A solid running back and quarterback? Yeah...no other team has that.

And Hoff - I've lived here long enough to be familiar with it all. Michigan teams are more my family's brainwashing than something I grew up around. Though, i have been to more Michigan based team games than any other.

6. The Playmaker

Georgia has Stafford and Moreno. They're more than solid. I also think Georgia is a little overrated. I think Florida is better.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

The funny thing about GA's RB situation is that Moreno is not the best one. There's another RB that took a RS last year that is understood to be better.
    GA has it going on this year...

8. The Playmaker

Yeah now I remember. The Gators got that RB from USC. I think his name is Moody? So they actually have a RB this year. It doesn't matter Auburn is going to win the SEC anyway.:cool:

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

People don't realize that the Big 10 DOES hold it's own against the SEC. Since 2002 the Big 10 is 9-8 against the SEC in bowl games. Unfortunately for me it's 2 of those 17 games that people use as their argument as the SEC being so good, but lets really take a look at those two games.

OK yes we did get beat by Florida and sure I could give some excuses as to why but I wont. But for anyone to say we didn't deserve to be there is insane. We were the only undefeated team, who else would be there? But I don't think we lost because the SEC was so much faster, I think we lost because our offensive line decided not to block and our defense let Leak throw these 6 yard passes all the way down the field.

As for last year's game who else would you have put in there? Last year's season was a mess anyway. It wasn't going to be USC, they lost to Stanford at home, Georgia didn't win their division, Hawaii, get real, and Kansas, not enough quality wins. I honestly didn't REALLY want to go to the NC game because I didn't think we were good enough and the risk of being embarrassed again was too great. That being said looking back will LSU go down as a great team? I don't. Would Ohio State have? No. Last season as surprising as it was with the upsets really sucked because none of the teams looked very good.

Besides nobody thought OSU would be at the NC game anyway, we were all holding roses after the Michigan game. Hopefully this year we actually can win it because I think we are good enough, problem is Todd Boeckman has to improve because he flat out sucked down the stretch last year. When you get outplayed by Matt Flynn, that's a horrible sign.

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Auburn winning the SEC.... hmmm no. I'll be pulling big game duty on back to back weekends. Tennessee has Florida here in Knoxville then the next weekend me and a few friends are driving down to Auburn. We shall see. It is going to be a great trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar