More assistant coaches named

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Looks like Mularkey’s assistant OL coach is being retained.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Really? Who and... why?!

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I was just coming on to make some kind of coachroach - Watterson reference but yours pretty much nailed it, well played.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Seem like 3 quality hires

5. kstone

kstone Starter

Don't think any of them are bad. Just wished we could have kept Russ Grimm

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It’s hard enough to coach in this league and be successful, I don’t like the idea of putting position coaches in unfamiliar roles.

All you guys like to complain about our coaches in the past who had success and experience, and here you are complimenting putting a RB coach to lead our OLine? Some of you guys will go along with everything.

Keep that in mind when he’s throwing bricks

7. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

??
    Our O-line coach is going to be throwing bricks?

I guess I missed that time Russ Grimm threw a 40-yard completion in the endzone. Must have been during the Chiefs game this year, that probably helped keep him and Mularkey around for another week.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It was a reference to a WR coach we hired who had never coached WRs and thought throwing them bricks was a good teaching tool

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

#29 Doc, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Williams has 20 years of coaching experience, including six seasons in the NFL. At his most recent stop with the Dolphins (2015-17), his group excelled -- DE Cameron Wake tallied 29 sacks, which was the eighth-highest total by a player, and DT Ndamukong Suh totaled the eighth-highest number of sacks (15.5) among defensive tackles.

Carter joins the Titans have spending three seasons (2015-17) with the Atlanta Falcons, where he worked on the same staff as new Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur. A 13-year coaching veteran, Carter has five years of NFL coaching experience. While with the Falcons, he spent two years (2015-16) as the Assistant Offensive Line coach and the Running Backs coach this past season (2017). The offensive line for the 2016 Falcons, protected the NFL MVP Matt Ryan and paved the way for the fifth-best rushing attack in the NFL, while winning the NFC Championship. As Running Backs coach last year, the Falcons produced the ninth-ranked rushing total with Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman combining for 1,493 yards and 12 rushing TDs.

Sound good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar