More assistant coaches named

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

It's not that crazy honestly. A good OL coach should know where the RB needs to go and the footwork/timing that goes along with it and vice versa about a good RB coach knowing what the OL is doing.

Also, it's not like position coaches are so specialized within that one position where they could never learn or already know how other positions are supposed to work, especially on the same side of the ball. These guys are always working and in communication with other position coaches.

What's more important is finding guys that communicate and work well with the players, and find ways to get them to be in the right spot and do their jobs correctly.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Steve Watterson retained. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The team has been relatively healthy, you just wouldn't know it due to crappy coaching.

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Normally I wouldn't think anything of it but i already witnessed the disaster of turning a TEs coach into a qbs coach in Jason Michael.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

Complaining about a rb coach, coaching ol is like complaining a qb coach gets promoted to oc. These position coaches are interchangeable for the most part. A good position coach knows how to coach all positions on thier side of the ball, they are just asked to focus mainly on one, for the time being.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, each position coach has also worked those particular areas previously. Carter was assistant OL coach for 2 years prior to coaching runnng backs and Dews is just coming off a stint at W. Virginia as running backs coach. Le Fluer will have his hand in everything I am sure.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I could see a DB becoming a good WR coach, vice versa..

I honestly don't have an issue with position coaches being interchangeable at all, as long as it's not some former safeties coach becoming an OL coach or something crazy like that :)

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Robiskie was the WR coach for Julio Jones before. Try not to put too much stock on past experience.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The RB coach has to be able to teach the blocking concepts of the offense. He was also the assistant o-line coach. I don't see the big stink about the hire.

I know nothing about the guy's ability to coach anything, but his résumé isn't really an issue.

1. NFL RB coach.
    2. NFL assistant OL coach.
    3. OL coach/running game coordinator at San Jose St.
    4. TE/OL coach at San Diego St.
    5. OL coach University of the Redlands.

He's a guy who has been working his way up the ranks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Lots of good position coaches have coached different positions. Anyone who does not realize this must be new.

They key is being able to teach.

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

Based on the Atlanta's RB production the last 3 years, I'm really excited for Keith Carter. I don't what it is, but I have a feeling this guy has a great coaching future ahead of him.

Now go get Kevin Mawae as an OL assistant.

The other two guys seem alright. They're position coaches. Whatever... we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar