Moon Thinks Young Will Be a Star

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Hall of Fame QB Warren Moon feels Titans rookie QB Vince Young will be a star in the NFL. "I would be surprised if he is not a star in this league because of what he brings to the table," Moon said of Young. "He has it all. He has great height, he has great strength and he has a strong enough arm. People talk about his low release point, but Dan Marino had a low release point, too. Vince has a quick release, which is good. I just think he has enough things, and if he is willing to work hard like he did in college to improve, he's going to really be something." Moon thinks the Titans need to be patient with Young as they were with McNair. "I'm sure (the Titans) would love to get Vince on the field in certain situations and try and get him reps in the preseason. But if he could sit back most of the season and just watch and learn and see the speed of the game and work on his fundamentals and technique, I think it would be to his benefit," Moon said. "If he had to go on the field early, he'd still make plays because of his athleticism. He might not be smooth within the confines of the offense, but he'll do enough to keep plays alive."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. well if a hall of famer says that hes gonna be good, thats enough evidence for me

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I hope that's true. You keep seeing these stories like "future hall of famer, Young" and "the super athletic QB that will break records." Now, the vets are weighing in and giving positive reviews. I think that is a great sign. I think of all three of the top QBs drafted, Young has the best work ethic and attitude. He is already a leader in personality. He will catch on more quickly than everyone expects and maybe be playing this season, contrary to what Reese and Fisher says.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Young will be the greatest qb ever.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hype?? what hype? Don't talk to me about hype! I just wanna win another game.

6. Hall of Fame QB says he will be a STAR!!!

I believe him!!!

7. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i feel you gunny! i just wanna win to, but dang nabbit, its about time people start seeing the light, start seein what i have said for a while! after that oaklahoma state game in 04, where vince had that amazing comeback, THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED TO SEE, AND I BECAME A VINCE FREAK FOR LIFE! now, i am a vince and steve freak because i have the best of both worlds, but we will get into that later! guys, you just need to believe it now, because vince young, is gonna be the greatest thing you have ever seen, he will rewrite the position! i don't care what floyd and jeff are saying, when vince plays, ooooooooooooooooh my GOODNESS! there will be great memories that we will be experiencing ! how soon or later it starts , don't know, and don't care, all i know is that vince will make the doubters all cry, just like he has been doing all his life, only thing is, is now he is gonna make a living, a HUGE living doing it!

8. i hope that he proves all of the espn sports casters completely wrong, especially hodge

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Nostradamus on Vince Young:
    The young lion will overcome the older one,
    On the field of combat in a single battle;
    He will pierce his eyes through a golden cage,
    Two wounds made one, then he dies a cruel death.

10. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

yes, i hate hodge, i think he is an over blown idiot! i can't wait, until in a few years, to see the look on hodges face when vinces holds the lambardi trophy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar