Monday Morning QB: Cowboys at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I stated Brady, Palmer or anyother QB that includes Manning, even he couldn't win with this team. In my opinion he isn' nearly as good 14 to 20 pts behind and under heavy pressure if you don't believe me check out his constant losses in the playoffs.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The fumbles are bothersome..

He lost the handle a couple of times in the preseason as well. I hope this does not indicate a trend.

I think vince needs to look for the run more. He desperately wants to be a legit passer from the pocket but early on he can be more effective just taking off whenever he sees an opening. The rest will come to him in time but this season he just needs to make the most of that running ability.

I would have given the TEs a B grade. They played well..

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The botched snaps are expected if you ask me. For someone like him who worked mostly in the gun in college and then not having much time in practice with Mawae is understandable. That should change with him being the starter now, his reps with Mawae will increase and they should become non-existant in the next couple of starts.

Also, the run more isn't a bad idea, but we don't want bad habits forming. With him being thrown in earlier than expected, he needs to look for the throw first, run second. If everyone conveys a desire for him to run first, it could effect his confidence in his throwing abilities, which is something the organization is trying to avoid. Overall, Vince for me was a lone bright spot on this team yesterday, up until the Defense let it get too out of control and he tried to force the ball. Anyways, thats my 2 cents....

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Hey swingset, call back after Gayton wins anything, any championship at any level at all. See ya.:moon2:

5. Let's just hope VY doesn't build up any bad habits. I'm really not sure if VY should've been started. But it beats having KFC at the helm. VY gives us a better chance to win, yet, I rather see the team lose and have VY standing there with his clipboard taking notes.

This is what VY has to learn from yesterday:
    NFL defenders are quicker
    Stop looking at the receiver from snap to throw
    Do some checks on the WRs before throwing
    Be more decisive if you're going to run

VY was not decisive on the run, he was staring at receivers allowing the defence to pick him off, and he needs to understand that the defence in the NFL are a lot bigger than in college.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

They blitz'd him on almost every play, and he stood in there, and did not get jumpy feet like Peyton still gets, and made the throw. He kept his composure. Kept his cool. Fought throught it. He was pretty darn good out there for three quarters. He didn't even get to display for almost a whole quarter as we clocked out with the running game. Yet, he still had a decent day.

He led a 2 minute drive, something over 3/4 of the nfl qb still can't do, and got a FG out of it. And he's done it twice already. He also took us down for that "quick start" we been talking about for two years.

What is not to like. He had one pretty bad pass. Nothing Elway and Favre weren't known for their whole damn career. And it was on the run, the same on the run passes he'd been hitting in stride all game long. You can name the qb's who can throw on the run with one hand. But he made several of those throws all day long.

Let's not even mention the fact that he was forced to run some boo foo plays called by Chow. An actual option. Twice. Please, we will probably never see that again. Let him sit back and throw out of that shotgun Norm.

He was also team leader. Another thing many qb's never figure out. Yet he took the reigns before he even got a start. And you can see it on the field.

There were some moments and some tunnel vision, but look, he was a leader, he stood in there on the blitz, and had some clutch moments.

Oh. He's ready.

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Over all, I thought Young did pretty well. Not the Great QB he will be, but as good as some guys starting on other teams.
    He had a poor O-line. ( now and then they gave him a little time) He made some good passes. Had two Int. lost a fumble...( I think Mac did about the same ) In Fact, the Baltimore defence played so well that our 14 points would have been enough to beat them....Mac's a Hero --imagine that.

At this point, there was little reason to try to hold him back any longer...Let him make mistakes. Let him know it's OK to make them, and learn from them.

The really interesting part of the rest of this season, will be to see how he improves, and if he is a strong enough leader to carry a demorolized team to a higher level. At this point, his leadership ability will be as much, if not more important, than the coaching staff.

Makes a bleak season a little more interesting.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Deutsch...

I don't think there is ever any excuse for any QB to not be able to take a snap. I don't care what his background or experience.

He also needs to protect the ball better when he is running.

I don't think running more leads to bad habits it's a way for him to take more control of the game and keep the chains moving. Mcnair ran a lot when he was young and had over 100 carries in 97.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

First off who is the wanker that wrote the article? Secondly, as far as VY goes the only thing I would say he did poorly considering what he was up against was not running to daylight soon enough. I believe he is trying to become a pocket passer and was trying to make a play downfield. Vince when you see a 10 yard gain in front of you take it and move the chains, lord knows bennett isn't going to fight for the ball anyways.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar