modern warfare 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Fry, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Dude is like the go to cool deep voice over guy ... Captain Anderson, Sgt. Foley, the Arbiter off of Halo to name a few ...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As much as I want this, it's 3rd on my priority list since I just got Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank - A Crack in Time.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

He also played Julius in the first Saints Row. He's all over the place

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

There are HUGE SPOILERS ahead for those who haven't finished the game.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend putting this game in the hands of a 13 year old - it depends on how you view his maturity I suppose. The language isn't too bad - I can't truly recall any of the big ones - no f-bombs. If it's there and I just don't notice, it isn't gratuitous. Most of the dialogue is issuing commands and locations.

EDIT: There actually is some bad language, and there are some f-bombs.

The only thing I'd be worried about is some pretty dark subject matter for a young teenager. There is a mission where you are an undercover operative in a terrorist group, and hundreds of innocent civilians are murdered in an airport. It is very slow paced and a bit disturbing - it's meant to be visceral and uncomfortable for adults. There is also a scene where you and squad mate are betrayed, shot, thrown into a hole, and burned alive. It's not graphic, but could be unsettling for a youngester. There is a fair amount of blood throughout the game, some knifing scenes that are quick but brutal.

It's your call, but think of it this way: Would you let your son see a fairly violent R rated action film with some moderately unsettling scenes? If you think he's mature enough, then I think it would be okay to let him play.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the only thing that disappointed me is that body parts don't fly off like they did in world at war.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7 million MW2 sold on the first day (apparently).

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What use is fully functioning night vision goggles? Unless you are a pervert.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they are marketing to nerds....

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

:grrhee:

Big's right, look at their market. Chances are good there are a few who will buy them and then wind up on CNN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar