mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't see how Fairley could fall that far.

I certainly hope this is not how the draft goes. That would give us a D (at best) for the first round.

I have no problem with Locker, but #8 is a bit crazy with all the question marks. Pocket passer? Accurate enough?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I've said it before and I'll say it again about Locker, if the Titans feel like Jake Locker is a franchise QB we should take him at 8, and I'll be happy with the pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

At this point and just looking overall at the potential pick selection, is it that big of a reach? I don't think so. Nice draft.

5. TheSureThing

How is it crazy if he could very well got at #10 and #12? No way he makes it past 12...So how is that a reach?

6. RavensShallBurn

I agree that he will likely be gone by #12 (I have him going to the Skins at #10 in my mock), but I still feel that those teams would be reaching for him as well.

If we had the 25th pick and took Locker, it would be an excellent pick. But at #8 there are so many guys who have all the talent to make an immediate impact, needing little help. Locker is going to need a lot of help to become a good QB in the league.

For what it's worth, he's my favorite QB in the draft. That's still not saying much because this is the worst group of QBs I've ever seen since I started paying attention to the draft.

7. TheSureThing

Hes not going to be there at 25, so of course it would be an exceptional pick...If we pick up Patrick Peterson in the 2nd round, it'd be an exceptional pick too, but unrealistic...

A reach isn't determined by how good you necessarily are, its more where the field projects you to go. And Locker is projected to go no later than 12 to the Vikings, so I don't see how that is a reach at 8 to grab him, or how we could possibly trade down to get him..

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The only big board that actually matters is the one in the Titan's office. In the end it's up to them and if they decide to take Locker, Fairley, Jones, Amukamara, etc. I'll support it. If someone calls a player a reach because they saw a mock draft on the internet or watch sportscenter, then, maybe they should have their own opinion instead of just following everyone else.

9. RavensShallBurn

I didn't say we could trade back to get him. We likely wouldn't be able to because as you've said he'll likely be gone by #12.

That comparison to Patrick Peterson is silly. It is clearly impossible for him to fall further than 8. It's not impossible for Jake Locker to fall to #25, so stop acting like it is.

Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers fell all the way to #24. You just never know.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Can Newton doesn't have a picture up. You know he wants to be seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar