Mock Draft v5

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've done 4 mock drafts before this (never posted the other 4). But, I decided since the draft is close and all major trades are probably done that I will post my mock draft. This is probably my final mock draft, tell me what you think!

**xpmar9xs Mock Draft v5**

1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    The Rams need a franchise QB, Bulger was released for a reason. They have Keith Null and AJ Feeley on their roster, neither are a franchise QB.

2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    Jim Schwartz is loving this pick. He could transform Suh into the next Albert Haynesworth. Suh is arguably the best player this year. He could be a force for the Lions DL, which is much needed.

3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    Gerald McCoy is a great player, another DT force. He'd help the Bucs right away and could transform the DL.

4. Washington - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
    They got their QB in McNabb, now Clausen is not needed. However, McNabbs blindside needs protection and Okung will cover that!

5. Kansas City - Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma
    Kansas City needs OL help, bad. It's the #1 need, Trent Williams is a great player as well. I also could see the Cheifs taking Bulaga, but I think Williams is a better player.

6. Seattle - Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee
    Seattle has 0 seconday. Their safeties are Jordan Babineaux (who's good) and Jamar Adams (undraft in 08). At corner they have Trufant (getting old), Kelly Jennings, and Josh Wilson. Berry could play both S or CB and be a great help right away.

7. Cleveland - Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
    Cleveland really wants Eric Berry, but that didn't work. Would they maybe go CJ Spiller, no they already have Harrison and a returner (Cribbs). Their next biggest need is OL; Bulaga could play OG or OT.

8. Oakland - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
    Surprised? You should be. Lets face it - Oakland is horrible in drafting. Their draft on size, speed, and potential... which sounds like JPP. Oakland needs DL help, and JPP could be an interesting fit.

9. Buffalo - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
    Buffalo has the worst OL in all of the NFL. If Clausen is drafted, he'll just get sacked every play (which ruins confidence, which could ruin a career). OL is needed before a QB. Besides Trent Edwards is still young, still has potential. Give him one more chance with the new coach. Draft a QB later, just in case. Bills also have Fitzpatrick.

10. Jacksonville - Derrick Morgan, DE, GaTech
    Jags haven't had a DL since they lost Stroud. They signed Kampman, but he's old. They also have Groves, Harvey, and Hayward and all aren't special. Morgan could come in and be a great player. Also, don't be surprised if they go with Joe Haden.

11. Denver (CHI) - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
    They traded Brandon Marshall, they need WR help. Dez is the best WR and was projected in 09 to be a Top 10 and as good as Crabtree. He has character problems that may scare the Broncos. IMO the Broncos still draft Dez and pass on McClain.

12. Miami - Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
    A bit of a reach, but they lost Jason Taylor. Brought in Karlos Dansby, but hes an ILB. Miami has weak OLBs and need pass rushers. Dolphins like Kindles speed and decide on Kindle over Graham.

13. San Francisco - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
    Joe Haden is the best corner, and the only weak point in San Frans defense is CB. Add in Haden and that will make a good defense even better. Haden could be a big help for the 49ers.

14. Seattle - C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
    Seattle doesn't have a return game or any great RBs. Julius Jones has been nothing for the Seahawks and Justin Forsett is ok. Seattle also needs OL help. Walter Jones is old and injury-prone. With all of the great OL gone, they'll stick with Spiller. They'll will the OT hole with a 2nd round OT.

15. New York Giants - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
    Their ILB has a huge hole, Antonio Peirce was released and they have no ILB depth. McClain is the best ILB this year, and the best LB. He's a perfect fit for the Giants and would be a steal at 15.

16. Tennessee - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
    JPP and Morgan are off the board. Now the question comes down to Kyle Wilson, Earl Thomas, or Brandon Graham. Titans DL was weak last year, and a good pass rush can help your secondary. With Finnegan, Hood, and Hill all vets and 2 young guys their is still potential in the secondary. Draft a DE and have the DBs fight for the #2-any beyond spots. (Also Clausen is still available, any teams interested in a trade?)

17. San Francisco - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
    They have Alex Smith, who hasn't been great for a 1st overall pick and signed David Carr. Both are decent QBs but nothing special. The 49ers can not pass on Clausen at 17. He may not start his 1st year, but Alex Smith is on his last year of his contact. He could start in 2011, or right away.

18. Pittsburgh - Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
    Dez Bryant would be a good pick, but he's gone. No other WR is worth the #18 pick. Pittsburgh also has a bad OL and needs help. Pouncey is the best C and would be a great selection for the Steelers.

19. Atlanta - Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE, TCU
    Bit of a reach for Jerry. But ATL really likes Graham, and hes gone. Hughes plays like Graham. Atl can have Hughes play OLB or DE .

20. Houston - Earl Thomas, DB, Texas
    Earl Thomas gets to stay in Texas, where he was born and played college ball. Texans lost Duanta and could also use safety help. Thomas is the perfect fit for what they need.

21. Cincinnati - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St.
    They have a legit CB in Leon Hall, then that's it. They could use this pick for Gresham, but TE is also very deep this year. Wilson will come in and fight for the #2 CB spot and also could be a big help in the return game.

22. New England - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
    This is a steal, I've seen Dan Williams project in the Top 10. They lost Seymour last year, and they still have Wilfork. Wilfork is getting older and has stamina problems. Dan would get solid playing time and could even be a starter in a few years.

23. Green Bay - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
    Bruce Campbell is the JPP of OTs. He has ton of potential but easily could be a bust. Green Bay had some problems with injured OL last year. Campbell probably wouldn't start in year one but is a great backup for LT, RT, LG, and RG. He's could easily start if one of the injury prone OTs get hurt.

24. Philly - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
    The Eagles need a TE to spread the field. Gresham is just the man, last year was projected in the top 15. Eagles are loving this. Gives Kolb a legit target in the middle of the field.

25. Baltimore - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St.
    Jared Odrick would solidfy the gap in the Ravens NT. Nagata moved to DE, now they need a nt. Odrick is a solid player and is a great fit for the Ravens D.

26. Arizona - Everson Griffen, DE, USC
    Antrel Rolle is gone, Kerry Rhodes is horrible. He lost his starting role on the Jets last year. Mays would be an interesting. But their is other big holes on the Cards D. NT is the biggest, but they'll pass on Cody. Odrick would of been nice, but he's gone. LB also has holes but they'll pass on Weatherspoon. Griffen is a good selection, Dockett should consider switching back to NT.

27. Dallas - Patrick Robinson, CB, FlaSt
    Cowboys secondary is weak, esp. the CBs. Patrick Robinson is a legit CB who could come in and fight for the #2/#3 CB spot.

28. San Diego - Ryan Matthews, RB, Frenso State
    Chargers lost LT. Sproles are a #1 is risky. Ryan Matthews who is a hometown favorite would a great pickup. He'll be the power back, but has speed and is a great fit for the Chargers.

29. New York Jets - Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
    A reach for Cody, but the Jets would love him. Rex would make Cody do some crazy things. He played FB in college, that was also funny. Remember when Jenkins gets off the line and plays like a LB, could Cody do the same thing then bullrush. Jenkins will be the starter, but last year when he got hurt Cody would of been a great backup. Plus Jenkins is getting older.

30. Minnesota - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
    CB is also another need. But the Vikins C and RG are weak. Iupati could be a great backup for both and even take over as a starter. He's like Amano, and can play both. More OL help means more protection for AP!

31. Indianapolis - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
    His twin brother is on the Titans, so they would both play in the AFC South. They lost Jackson and Jennings, they need a #3 CB right now. McCourty could easily get that position and maybe even #2.

32. New Orleans - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Mizzou
    Weatherspoon is a perfect pick for the Saints. He would take Fujitas spot. Alot of other mocks have the Saints taking a DE, maybe Dunlap? Then Weatherspoon to the Rams? Personally, I don't think the Saints pass on Weatherpoon.
    1. St. Louis - Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois - A #1 WR is needed, they have 4 #3s.
    2. Detriot - Charles Brown, OT, USC - OL HELP NEEDED
    3. Tampa Bay - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida - What a fall...
    4. Kansas City - Rodge Saffold, OT, Indiana - More OL help.
    5. Philadelphia -Brian Price, DT, UCLA - What a fall for Brian Price as well, he's a good player and could help the Eagles.
    6. Cleveland - Colt McCoy, QB, Texas - This is why they don't draft Clausen. McCoy learn behind Delhomme for a year, then take over!
    7. Oakland - Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Mass
    8. San Diego - Taylor Mays, DB, USC - Gets to stay home! Chargers would love him.

Other Noteable Players:
    Jahvid Best, RB, Cali - 49ers (49th pick)
    Golden Tate, WR, ND - Steelers (52th pick)
    Tim Tebow, QB, Fla - Patriots (53rd pick)
    Morgan Burnett, S, GaTech - Cowboys (59th pick)
    Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale - Seahawks (60th pick)
    Corey Wootton, DL, NorthWestern - Jets (61st pick)
    LaMarr Houston, DT, Texas - Rams (65th pick)
    Montario Hardesty, RB, Tenn - Lions (66th pick)
    Brandon Spikes, LB, FLA - Raiders (69th pick)
    Dominique Franks, CB, Okla - Titans (77th pick)*
    Toby Gerhart, RB, Stan - Patriots (118th pick)
    Joe McKnight, RB, USC - Vikings (93rd pick)
    Taylor Price, WR, Ohio - Titans (97th pick)*
    Dan LeFevour, QB, C.Mich - Bills (107th pick)
    Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas - Browns (134th pick)
    Myron Rolle, S, FlaSt - Rams (163rd pick)
    Trindon Holliday, Ath, LSU - 49ers (182nd pick)

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

My hopes of Rolando McClain falling to us have faded because the Giants pick right before us and they need LB help BAD.

You think the Titans pass on Shipley for Price in round 3?

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That's a pretty good Mock. I'd probably disagree with a few picks, but who knows you could be right on with this. Don't like the Cleveland and Seattle picks at 6 and 7 and Philly's pick at 24. Also I don't think Claussen will get past Buffalo at 9. But again it's a mock and this is as good as any :).

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I like Berry to seattle at 6.

I'd swap odrick with williams, as the Pats are big into Odrick, but thats a pretty good mock one of the better ones ive seen.

We could have problems if Miami take Graham over Kindle. Who the hell do we take?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If Miami took Graham. We would take Kyle Wilson hopefully.

And yah id take price over shipley. Shipleys stock is falling.. he'll be a 4th rounder I think.
    Taylor Price is 2" taller and 10lbs more. Price ran his 40 .20faster. They both had the same bench press. Prices verticle is 1/2" better. Price is better in my eyes.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

What and hope Hall Davis comes down to us in the 3rd. I would rather trade down then if a decent offer comes in if Graham,morgan and JPP are off the board. Hell no to Dunlap

The closer we get to draft day the less I want us to pick a CB at 16.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I would actually hope for Carrington, Lane, or Selvie in that situation.

If we bring big al back I say the best CB/S/LB available so most likely Wilson unless somebody really drops

8. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

I can only hope we pick him up in the 3rd or 4th. Dude is a monster.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chiefs almost have to take him.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

1 - Rams should trade out of #1 if they can get a decently fulfilling offer...like a 1, 2, 3 this year and a 1 next year from Cleveland. They have a lot of holes and can always take Locker next year...

2 - Suh is worth the pick, but I have a sneaking suspicion they will take Okung or Trent Williams to protect the blindside.

Think this will be Suh.

Think this will be the other tackle Detroit doesn't take. Or could shock with a Suh/McCoy (and then trade Haynesworth) or Berry.

Could go in a lot of different directions...Clausen, best OT on board, Suh or McCoy?, Berry, Spiller...

They NEED to replace Walter Jones so they'll look long and hard at whatever LT is on the board vs Spiller or Berry....tough choices.

Clausen makes sense here...they have the LT but not the franchise QB. They signed Delhomme, now need a QB to develop. Would they rather take McCoy (IF he's available in rnd 2)? If they don't go QB here, Berry is probably there first choice if still on the board...but a wildcard. They have a lot of holes. Spiller doesn't fit well here though. Dez Bryant?

I wouldn't mind. Spiller makes a lot of sense here...Clausen if they aren't sold on their current QB. Bryant because he's the best WR and a 'bad boy.' Could also take Earl Thomas, Kindle, McClain, ect. Or how about another freak athlete...the OT from Maryland?

I think they have to take Clausen unless he's gone (in which case they will be after McCoy in rnd 2 most likely. The teams in there division are vastly better than them and it doesn't look like Edwards is the real deal. I don't think Davis is this good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar