MNF... 49ers @ Cards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BudAdams, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Did anyone watch that game???

It was wild! I have never seen so many flags thrown and picked up and plays called back in my life... the refs were the stars of that game... thoughts?

2. cayal

cayal Starter

How can you not score from the 1 yard line?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they only had two shots within 20 seconds.

i don't agree with running the ball once, let alone twice. they had the ability to have three well thought out plays if they throw the ball.

jaws is talking about how "you can run the ball, spike it and still have time for one more play." WHY? pass it three times!

4. cayal

cayal Starter

Give it to Vernon.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

One of the dumbest plays I've ever seen.

Your 2.5 yards out and even IF your dumb enough to run it (which you shouldn't do ever, period, never) you use Frank Gore not Michael Robinson. MAYBE if your inside the 1 you can run it but even then you use Gore. I mean the QB was in a good rhythm, why not throw it? Makes no sense to me.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i understand the reasoning behind it; singletary wants to be a smash mouth team and he wanted his team to win that way, but this wasn't the time to try to prove something.

7. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

They should have spiked it on 3rd down after the review so they could calm down and gather themselves....and ran a bootleg or something...

I hate watching the Niners... so depressing.

8. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

The Seven Squareds had 2nd and goal with 20 seconds left...and the ran they ball twice!!!! I hated both running plays.

In that situation you want the maximum number of chances to get in to endzone. By running it on 2nd down you essentially eliminate one down because you either have to spike the ball to stop the clock, making it 4th down or you have to go ahead and run another play. If you run another play and don't spike it on third down then the clock will run out eliminating a possible 4th down try (especially if that play is a run).

By passing the ball from the two, you would have at least three shots. Cause an incompletion STOPS the clock. If you run the ball on 2nd down (which the Seven Squareds did) you'll either need to spike the ball to stop the clock which or quickly run another play.

What the Seven Squareds should have done was maximize their chances; pass, pass, run/pass.

What they should have done.
    2nd down - pass, (incompletion stops clock)
    3rd down - pass, (incopletion stops clock)
    4th down - run or pass (clock doesn't matter)

What they did.
    2nd down - run (clock runs down to 4 sec. before next play is run)
    3rd down - run (clock doesn't matter)

The last play of the game, which can be a run because the clock at that point does not matter, was a bad call in that situation; Give it to your playmaker - Gore - if you're going to run!

Sheesh.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Good game to watch.

Kornheiser seemed more annoying tonight than he has in a long time. Calling the game finished with 5:00 mins. left and then retracting his statement saying he felt like a dummy.

How about the second to last drive. Two penalties clean out two TD's. Hill got a little ****y with thos eand the "Brett Favre" shovel pass.

Good game though.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i agree, he was especially annoying, saying the game was "over" in a one score game...Jaws even called him out saying " how long have you been watching football?":lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar