MLB Team to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dtm586, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

lol ok not a rumor but from a baseball fan and a outsider from the state of Tennessee, can anyone enlighten me on why Tennessee does not have a professional baseball team?

I think the Brew-Crew has some sort of afiliate minor league team in Tennessee called the Smokeys or something?

But since I live outside of TN, is this topic ever discussed on sports radio out there or any kind of media ever discuss this?

Would a baseball team thrieve in the state?

I mean if you can have a pro hockey team in Tennessee, which seems totallllllly random to me lol I would think a pro baseball team would get much better fan support than the Preds and even the Grizz ...

Yeah the whole small market thing comes into effect but it would be awesome if Nashville had a pro ball team (even thought the Tampa Bay Rays stole my uniform color scheme I had for a pro baseball team in TN ha)

I guess you all out there are just Atlanta Braves fans ... but there really needs to be another Southern team like Carolina range as well.

I dont know I have always wondered about this topic ... Just an outsider being curious of what people living in TN think on this topic ...

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Coming from a guy who played baseball for 8 years through elementary, middle school, and high school, I hate the MLB and couldn't watch an entire game if I had a gun to my head.

I've been to two pro games - Giants @ Reds in 2009, Mets @ Orioles in 2003 (damn me for having family in Baltimore) and when the 7th inning stretch came around, I was ready to GTFO of there because I was bored as hell.

I couldn't care less if we were to get a pro team here. The only time I would ever go is if I was with a huge group of friends and we were all about to die from alcohol poisoning.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't think a team would thrive in Tennessee... but hey, can't be any worse than Florida, right?

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would watch less games than I would Grizzlies games, and I have watched about 2 games.

I can't stand baseball, just way to slow for me.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Tennessee is peppered with minor league baseball teams but I don't think MLB would get a foothold here. I like going to watch my Southern League Chattanooga Lookouts but if I had to pay Turner Field prices for what amounts to basically the same product I wouldn't bother nor could I afford it.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The Sounds don't really have a huge fanbase so I doubt a pro team would do any better. Most people around here that are baseball fans probably go to Atlanta and watch the Braves.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think part of the reason is that it's so expensive to compete in the MLB. And without success, it's hard to guarantee the fan support. A crappy team would just end up folding in less than a decade.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I can not and will not watch baseball on TV, but do enjoy attending games. Baseball is a numbers game, so to me it's almost as boring as bowling.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if the city would put a stadium downtown you would get more folks going. Greer Stadium is so outdated I am surprised we still have a AAA team here. I enjoy going to the games. Can't beat a front row seat behind the dugout.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I would rather watch amateur curling than pro baseball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar