MLB floating realignment?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CRUDS, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

As someone who (kind of) follows the Blue Jays, this idea sounds good to me. You guys need to remember that there are a few teams in MLB that are forced to stay in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox year after year. How the hell are teams like the Blue Jays and Orioles supposed to compete with payrolls that are 25% as high as the Yankees? It's not exactly fair.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

what a perfect world that would be, no rap or baseball ...

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree completly, but Orioles have a huge home market that they could not exploit for 40 years so they have no excuse. Toronto has advantages as well, being the only Canadian team and all.

But I basically agree with you. I told my brother 15-20 years ago that we will live too see the day that MLB is gone. I still say it will go the way of English soccer - and it won't be all bad IMO. What I mean by that is there will be uniform rules ect, but MLB will have relegation and promotion. Your local team will probably settle in at whatever position your local economy can support. That is the future of MLB unless they institute true revenue sharing.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I forsee the league being The Yankees, Red Sox in the AL and The Mets and Dodgers in the NL.. All others will be farm teams....

Wait, that's how it is now....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar