MLB Baseball 09 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Pete Rose's cheating was far worse than bonds because it infected all players on the field without them even knowing it. But both will go down in infamy.

I think it's important to think of steroids not as cheating because the performance was enhanced, but because steroids can kill you. I think if steroids were safe, they would not be banned. It's really a healthcare issue. But I think a lot people all the way to the commish's office have gotten lost in the idea that it is banned because of improved performance, when that's not really the case.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

For what it's worth, Rose claimed to have only bet on AL games, so his betting wouldn't have effected his team or its players.

Buuuut he probably isn't telling the truth.

3. UKtitansFAN03

UKtitansFAN03 "Hey Creeper."

Pete Rose does deserve to be in the HOF. Betting or no betting.

The guy was flat out good.

4. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

If you were to take all the baseball players who have character discrepencies out of the hall of fame you would have a building with bricks and walls and pretty paint, nothing more. Perhaps Clemente... wait its even rumored he used steroids and slept around. NO one is clean, they are human.

Its wrong and I am dissapointed in the choices they have made... but it doesn't stop them from making history. They were/are great athletes, outstanding on too many levels to leave them out of the HOF.

5. Hard Hitter 53

Hard Hitter 53 Camp Fodder

Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was among the three people killed in a crash in Fullerton when a driver ran a red light, an associate of the rookie player said this morning. The crash occurred hours after the 22-year-old appeared in Wednesday night's Angels game.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Looks like Chris Carpenter may be the front-runner for Comeback Player of the Year. No hitter through 6.

7. UKtitansFAN03

Ramon Vazquez spoiled that in the 7th. I've always liked Carpenter..too bad he's a Cardinal.

In other news...the Reds finally got a W today. I emphasize the word finally.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Maybe I was wrong about the Braves. 5-1 after finishing a sweep of the pathetic Gnats yesterday. I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of runs they've been able to score so far, which I thought was going to be a real achilles heel for them. They have to keep Chipper somewhat healthy though, he's already missed one game, and if he goes down for an extended period of time, they're done for.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Consider them done for then. It's only a matter of time for Chip.

I wish they'd go ahead and call up Hanson. I can't wait to see that man-child dominating in the bigs.

10. UKtitansFAN03

Aaron Harang was a beast out there yesterday. Complete game shutout..first for anyone in the league so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar