Mike Williams practices w/ 1st O

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

have you seen this poll?
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=585

66% of respondents on the board feel that Mike Williams is a waste.

add your vote and it jumps to 71%.

In fact... it looks as if Ryan and I are the minority and with good reason.

Williams college career, his youth, the quality of the the teams he was with previously, the questionable back round of his former coaches, the fact that Norm Chow is here and runs what amounts to the same system he was successful in at USC are just as valid points as those you raise. The points I have cited are likely the actual reasons Ryan has a "good feeling". IDK, that is for him to agree with but I don't think I'm off base.

Don't try to convince yourself that you are in the minority. Conventional wisdom dictates that your assessment is correct. It is based on sound logic. A player is really only as good as his recent work. Williams has had by in large a disappointing career but I have pointed to numerous examples of other players who have resurrected their careers in other environments in other discussions. But yes, it does take an extreme amount of optimism to place the faith that I and others have.

I don't really understand your need to come across as so arrogant about the whole matter, but that is just who you are and I accept that. But just recognize that the best argument for Williams is simply "why not"? It's not like we have Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, and Steve Smith. A good case could be made that we have the worst receiving corp in the AFC. Right now I'll try to be "rah, rah" about anything that even resembles a glimmer of hope.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Do you not realize that some players might be busts? Mike Williams is not a good player. Lane Kiffen was in Oakland and they were running what Mike did in USC, I believe. And since when is Norm Chow this great coach? Its not a good arguement any way you look at it.

I thought I was in the minority...sorry I didnt see the poll. I just dont see how you can be so optimistic. When I was playing some football with my buddies the other day, I caught every pass thrown my way. Should I play for the Titans, because I can clearly do something Mike cant.

Im an arrogant person, but I dont see how thats relevant or even remotely significant. I totally understand the "Why not" arguement, Ive told you this a million times. I just would rather see guys like Paul Williams or Biren Ealy...you know, guys with an ounce of work ethic...get a shot over this bum.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

Seems like a low risk signing, see what he has. I don;t have high hopes, but what the hell at least they are trying something I guess.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mike williams will be the greatest player in team history!:)

Nice montage of USc highlights that includes 2 of our guys. Might as well get excited about something..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzsryD27VoA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzsryD27VoA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

7. Valis

Valis Guest

The Raiders made Randy Moss look bad. Detroit has made 3 early first round receivers look bad.

He looks to be in good shape, let's give him a chance.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

man i kept waiting for VY to step back and launch it to him

did he just get that one opportunity?

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Yeah, because Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson suck. Get real.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Charles Rogers broke his collar bone after week 5 in his first season. Up to that point he caught 22 passes for 243 yards. Once he came back in 2004, he broke his collar bone again the first game back. Injuries killed his career, not the Lions.
    Who is the other early 1st round receiver?

They made undrafted free agent Mike Furrey look pretty good, didn't they? Roy Williams is looking extremely good. But Mike Williams? If he couldn't do well in a system like that, well he's going to have a tough time in ours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar