Mike Vrabel - Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Nov 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Definitely think he’s had an impact. But no way for us to say he is THE reason the defense turned it around. Zero proof of that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Not arguing about Downing and the offense underperforming. I do think he’s been dealt a tough hand this year. First year OC, missing all three of his main offensive weapons, one being the best back in a generation as well as a banged up Oline. We’ve started 5 different players at left tackle.. Running backs that were literally sitting on their coach watching football, not playing at all just weeks ago. That’s crazy.

But no way in hell I change one single thing at the moment on defense. And I was one of Bowens harshest critics after last years dumpster fire of a defense. I’m not saying Schwartz isn’t a part of the reason for the turnaround either.

To FINALLY get to where we’ve all been wanting to be on defense just to start chopping it up because the defense or DC sucked last year is asinine. What would that accomplish? No need to rock the boat. We’re at the top of the league on defense for a change, sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Mike Zimmer could be fired by Minny...if so would you want him as the DC? Or Vic Fangio?

#313 Ontario Titan, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

At the end of the day, it is a fact that we have a defensive coordinator.... much like the other 31 teams of the league.........

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Right this minute there is zero reason to make any drastic changes to the defense.

And actually, Zimmer’s defense in 2020 ranked 27 in points allowed, our dumpster fire of a defense ranked 24. This year we are #6, Vikings are 25th.

So even by your very own standards Zimmer sucks forever now and could never be any good again. You’re willing to trash Bowen based on his first year and trade him out for a guy who’s defense has been way worst during the same two year period.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm not saying right at this minute, so stop saying that...tbh I don't know about Zimmer's defense over the years as a DC ..he obviously failed as a HC...I just remember he was a hot name on here before that's why I brought it up..same as Fangio, but rumours are Jags are after him
    I still think Downing as to go though

7. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Honestly the win today should really lock up coach of the year for Vrabel, i think Lafleur is the betting favorite last i checked, but with the historic amount of injuries we have had this year idk how Vrabel doesn't get it. He's earned it

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

If Vrabel coached anywhere else and did what he did here... Coach of the Year would be in the bag.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

If it wasn’t an AP award I’d say vrabel wins but since it is I doubt he does

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Vrabel will win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar