Mike Vrabel - Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Nov 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yes he did get stuffed. Because KC was determined to stop him after running for like 400 yards in 2 games prior lol.

That’s when we need RT17 to step up. There is not a single game you can point to and say RT carried us when Henry was shut down. That’s the problem.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

THill hit the game winning strike to Humphries with 1:some change left.

I think it was humphries only catch as a Titan except when he caught the injury bug.

3. HurrayTitans!

Saints just a couple weeks ago. No Henry, no running game almost at all, THill takes us to victory.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Sure but that’s one play of the game. I’m not saying he hasn’t had good moments as our QB. But to say he won us that game when Henry had more total yards than him is foolish.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

213 yards passing is definitely worth talking about carrying an offense.

let’s not forget the pick in the end zone that he was lucky was overturned.

We also had a fumbled snap for a first down in that game lol ball bounced our way a lot that day.

6. HurrayTitans!

He accounted for 2 of 2 TD.
    His 213 yards accounted for more than 2/3 of the offense.
    Literally no one else for the titans could be said to have carried the team.

im sure this is just going to turn into a “defense did it” game.
    It’s ok to admit THill isn’t the worst QB and he has, although rarely, carried the team without Henry success. this game is an example no matter how you want to downplay it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Ok I’ll give you the Saints game since he accounted for 2/3 of the yards but does that mean he doesn’t get credit when he doesn’t account for 2/3 of the yards? Because the KC game you referred to, he would not be credited for “stepping up” based on that. What’s the cut off?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

I didn’t refer to the KC game. I absolutely think THill has a lot of room for improvement in his ability to win some games when other aspects of the offense aren’t going well.

He just does sometimes show the ability.
    I know it’s disagreed upon but I think he’s plenty good enough, with Henry, to help get the job done. NFL has showed time and again, you need defense and a safe QB to win the SB, Henry being the beast he is should put them over the top as capable of winning the Lombardi.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yup yup yup!

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Sorry didn’t you mention him throwing to Humphries in the KC game?

Reality is a team hasn’t won without an elite QB in some time. Football is different now. That’s why there is so much turnover at the QB position in the NFL.

eagles in 2018 but then all the way back to 2013 with Flacco. Who at the time was up and coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar