Mike Reinfeldt defends his offseason moves

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Who's everyone?

You're kidding are you? Big contributors? Can you please explain? Fowler was such a big contributor he was replaced by Stephen Tulloch at some point. Harper was a big contributor how? Want me to send you the DVD for the game @ Houston last year? Please elaborate... Love to see how they were big contributors yet are not core guys. Imagine how amazing the core players are. So we sent 18 to the Pro Bowl?

Sometimes you have to pay the price. Givens was given great WR money.

I'm sure you said that about Albert every year except 2007...

So a championship team is built in one year?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fowler was injured, only reason Tulloch replaced him.

There sure as hell aren't 18 pro bowlers on the market either.

You kinda just ruined your own argument there. Spending in Free Agency has been proven not to work building through the draft does.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Come on Gunny, Ryan Fowler is nothing.

No I didn't, my argument is about a good mix of both. Packers won a Super Bowl in part after they signed Reggie White through free agency. The Cowboys made their D that much better by signing Deion and Charles Haley, ditto the Niners wihth Gary Plummer and Ken Norton. I am not for throwing away money either, and Nate Clements proved last year once again that it's not the big deals to the big names that automatically bring you success.

I don't like Reinfeldt, don't like the way he's doing things, and if I can give him some crap once in a while I'll do it. I just can't wait to see how he replaces three DL from the rotation. I can't wait to see how he replaces Bell, and more than likely Olson as well. I thought we were trying to sign Bironas long term? What's the deal, he's a kicker for God's sake, we should've wrapped him up a long time ago.

I will maintain this all along, Reinfeldt is a capologist, not a GM

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I know, but the only reason he was replaced was because of injury.

Draft a DE, signed Kearse and a DT through sign or FA.

The guys we lost are not irreplaceable.

The long term deals for some of our guys bugs me though (that they haven't been signed)

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I still think Fowler was a solid signing. No, he isn't a super stud, but he isn't chopped liver either.

He is a good (but not great) MLB and a ST demon. Teams need guys like that. Every position can't be filled by a probowler...

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Where are we now?

Justin Gage, Alge Crumpler, and Jevon Kearse signed. Albert franchised.

Gone to FA: Bell, Odom, Laboy, Starks, Hartstock, Troupe

Cut Herndon, ?

No long term contracts yet.

Missed out on: Berrian?, Jones, ?Bryant Johnson, ???

Until he does something for us besides nothing and claim "cap convservation" then he is now a C - at mid-semester.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jones?

We never even looked at Berrian to miss out on him.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

these are all good points yes, but i do think that we need to bring in some proven players as well. There is no question that Shaun Rogers for a 3rd round pick is a no brianer, but we can get someone a little worse with a 4th or 5th round pick in the draft and it will cost alot less money. My main concern is getting albert locked up for atleast 6 years. Then we need cb, ol, and wr. But i will agree i miss reese, except for the fact that he ran our cap through the rooof.

10. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Riverman and Sledge - What FAs should we have signed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar