Mike Reinfeldt defends his offseason moves

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

very nice.

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

very good article...i actually understand him alot more and now i totally understand the mindset of the titans FO.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good article. He's a well spoken guy. And according to Albert's agent, he's a really hard-ball negotiator, which I take as a good thing.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He didn't say jack. Brandon Jones and Roydell Williams as good as any FA WR's that were available? Bwahahahahahaha.

Cap space doesn't win you games-players do. It is up to him to stagger contract lengths for players we want to retain to efficiently utilize the available cap.

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Read between the lines he sounds like he is going to look really hard at taking a receiver in round 1 or 2. He also sounds like he is looking at taking a runningback with a little speed. His thoughts on our receivers is spot on with what others in this forum have been saying. We have good receivers that are 2nd and third options but no one that would be considered a good #1 guy.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, read into his answer to this question

Translation: We would love a #1 receiver - Moss was the only true #1 in FA. BUT the WRs we have are much better than everyone one thinks, our biggest problem on offense last year was due to a lack of a TE threat, and a failure to convert 3rd downs. Some of that was down to players, most was Chow. We have a TE, might add a change-up RB, and the new OC can get much more out of the players we have on the roster. We'll still work on a trade to get a top WR, and we will definitely look to draft one if we can. If it doesn't happen this year, we'll be patient and do it next year.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

That was a given until some questions were raised when we lost to key D lineman this past week

Justifying his wasted pick of Chris Henry in the second round last year?

Stallworth, Moss, Berrian all possible #1s that didnt even come to town

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Good analysis. I remember last year I flipped out when we lost Henry. But later, when everything came out (pot, kids, $ problems, lack of production in Denver). I'm sure he knows more than us and I think that translation is a good job of reading between the lines.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

This selection also tells me that Olson is as good as retired, that Amano will start at one guard spot, and that Loper and Harris will compete for the other spot with Loper as the favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar