Mike Reinfeldt: a zero or a hero

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I kno LenDale will be fine but the biggest question is , is he even ready. Id be more ok with Henry getting released if I knew White could fill the hole.

Im more worried about a reciever rite now anyways

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well you will never know until he has a go.

3. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Bandwagon Jumpers

All of you guys that are crying that we didnt sign anybody on day 1 of free agency need to chill out. If your not part of this team then get off the bandwagon. We dont need fair weather fans.

Last year we sat and waited and got what many believe was the best free agent class last year. How soon everyone forgets the cap hell we were in just a few years ago. Because of over paying players we were forced to let the faces of this franchise go. Lets make Clements the highest paid DB in NFL history, what was it 8 years 80 mil and a 22 million signing bonus. That is just rediculous. One name Champ Bailey. Oh lets go out and put 50 million into an offensive guard, thats what the Bills and Browns did. There is money to spend so lets spend it now is a great philosophy.

Lets just be patient and see what happens. Its amazing one minute Travis is a pot head who is one test away from being suspended, and now with his release we are declaring the season over. Drew gets ripped on constantly for dropping passes and under achieving, but now we will be lost without him. It is only March 2nd.

Lets keep in mind this GM is the same one who helped bring Deion Branch to Seattle, so the man cant be all that bad. Lets give him time and see where the next week or so takes us.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

good post.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Im not no bandwagon jumper. Titan/Oiler since 1998

O well im done arguing about LenDale and stuff. You guys are rite. Its day one. We all just need to chill

6. I was thinking the same thing yesterday after I read what the 49ers was going to pay him. I mean, if we would have went out and signed just 2 or three of these "big name players", we would have been hooverin that cap line today with no way to sign any depth during the rest of FA or the draft. I would, IMO, much rather have allot of good quality players and still be under the cap at the beginning of the season than to sign 2 or 3 big name players that may or may not produce next season. I want our starters to be found in the draft, not in free agency. They are more than likely to be the future of our organazation. These people where let go from there last team for a reason. Whether is was because of money, lack of production on the field or age. Allot of these players in the FA are getting old. I'm not saying they can't play, but they won't play for much longer. IMO, the players we bring in from FA should just be relied on for their leadership. We should not rely on them for our future.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

lol

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Some of these people seem to forget that LenDale White was drafted to be our running back of the future. He has one bad year and it seems everyone has given up on him. The guy is the Pac10 career touchdown record holder and was lock Top 10 pick until the news about his hamstring came out. Personally, I can't wait to see White lining behind Vince this year.

9. Dam Chill!

Don't be so quick to judge the GM.The guy is known league wide as far as scouting talent in FA.I was a little bit anxious yesterday myself to get someone signed but letting the smoke clear is the right move to do.Last year free agency started on March 11.We signed Thornton on the 13,Givens/Mawe on the 14th, and Hope on the 15th.So we started pullin the trigger on day 2.You people need to realize theirs nothing wrong with letting players go out and test the market and see what their value is.Thats smart,not dumb.I would of loved to have Clement but not for that money,thats just outrageous.I think Fisher and Reinfeldt know what the team needs and they'll upgrade what the players that they think will help us out.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Clements was way too expensive to seriously pursue. We were in the race, saw what SF was going to pay, and simpily had to back down. He wanted Champ Baily-type money. We don't need a CB that desperately. SF does.

Bennett isn't necissarily gone. From what I've read, he wants to stay and has been offered a new deal. He is taking that deal and going around shopping himself. There's a possibility he's resigned. I liked Wade, but if he's gone, it will not be a huge loss.

Travis Henry is a liability at this point. He is an injury/drug risk, and is one of the PRIME reasons no one is touching him right now. I predict that it will be difficult for him to find a great deal in this market. Henry is a moderate talent who is close to the end of his prime; a good RB who is replaceable. Lendale White was drafted for a reason!

Kevin Carter could be a good pickup for the right price. He knows the system, is considered a huge asset in the locker room, and is good depth at the very least. Seems logical to me.

Explain to me why MR is ruining this team again...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar