Mike Mularkey & Terry Robiskie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Honestly, the person that is growing might be Robiskie. He still has some bone head calls throughout the game, but love him or hate him he appears to be getting better at knowing when to slow the game down or speed it up. The thing this team needs to stay focused on is keeping the throttle down when we have a lead. There are points in the game where we all know the play call should have been different, but are there any plays you feel as though he lost the game?

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yards mean nothing, look at Blake "Garbage Time" Bortles.
    Team is 6th in QB rating, T-3rd in TDs and in the middle of the pack with INTs.
    T-6th in fewest sacks allowed, 10th in 1st-down-percentage.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

If Mike Mularkey is to lineman what Pete Carroll is to Defensive Backs then i'll be content.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

No, he keeps a tight leash on MM. He knows where he likes to throw, and what he does best. About 85% of MM's throws are outside the numbers where it is safer. I would dump that sweep he runs with MM, and stop the stretch plays. He tries to run DH on outside plays which don't work. He would be better in a "sprint draw" type play where he can read the gap, plant and go IMO. Sometimes losing the game is as simple as us not converting a 3rd down to continue a drive and keep the O on the field. 60 minute game - things don't always show up immediately.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

This is a bit like the recent election.......
    for 95+ out of 100....like or dislike.....whatever the opinion was in the past, they will stay on that opinion and not change their mind. Everyone will find excuses when he wins, and others will find excuses if he does not. Unless he takes the team to the Superbowl now....he may be in a no win situation with many (most) fans.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

<----- refers to this thread as "The Fappening".

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I was one of the few here that wasn't bashing the Mularkey hire from the start. Robiskie was a bummer... But this is what we got. I was in wait and see mode for Mularkey. Mularkey does make some questionable in game coaching choices.. So far, I'd say he's done a pretty good job of getting his guys to play for him and bringing a new mindset to this team. Robiskie, while not exciting, has actually adapted and fired the offense up. Of course we as fans still hate the play calling at times. I would have preferred a fresh young up and comer at OC, but with Mariota having to learn 2+ systems in less than 2 seasons, Robiskie is here for a few more as long as he can keep them playing well and stay out of the nursing home.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was fine with Mularkey. Robiski scared me.

Just goes to show you that context matters. Any coach would have sucked in Jacksonville that season.

9. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

I suspect this thread to do a complete 180 after Sunday's game lol.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Yep, 2 OCs in 2 years not good for a young QB. Seems MM8 and the rest of the offense has grasped the O better and gelling, but it takes time and it took this team a few games.

The confidence is there now that we can win any game

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar