Mike Mularkey & Terry Robiskie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Unless we just completely fold in the last 6 games, I'm willing to stand behind Mularkey.

This team looks head above hills better than last years team. It's actually nice being competitive for a change.. I don't think anyone on here can discredit what Mularkey has done for us.

Another good off season and this team will finally be back on track to compete.

Props to Mularkey and company :highfive:

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

At that point in the game, there was no need for a QB run. I agree with that particular critique of the play calling. We dont know if Mariota checked into it or if it was called but when we are up that much, that late in the game, the I agree. No QB runs

If we keep this up and improve our defense, we win the division and probably more next season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I see your account has been hacked

Not at all like the :bs: you were saying gameday...

just sayin'

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This should be a Russ Grimm appreciation thread. He's been the real difference IMO.

BIGGEST differences:

#1 Russ Grimm
    #2 Jon Robinson
    #3 Mike Mularkey
    # 4 Dick Lebeau

I'm not sold on Robiskie yet. And the Packers were awful and decimated by injuries yesterday. We scored plenty and that was damn impressive, but Mariota was near perfect and didn't turn it over. We caught the Packers while they're down. I do believe we'd have beat them yesterday we played so well. But our D still needs personnel improvements. It'd have been a nail biter if they weren't injured. Let's not ccarried away by our performance in one game. We're a bit "win drunk" right now.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

This past game? what did I say? ... I was pretty critical of the D the past 2 Sundays. not so much on the O.

Of course in shoutbox on GameDay, I ride the emotional Rollercoaster like everyone else, so I might have said something

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

After being a football afterthought in the NFL for years it is nice to see this ship start to right itself. A ton of credit to Mike Mularkey and Jon Robinson for being on the same page when it comes to quickly moving to rebuild this team, staff and culture. After 10 games we're at .500 and a real threat to win our devision. In regards to that, most of the reason we're not atop of the AFC South has to do with execution on the players' end - turnovers, etc. For the football purists who have balked at Mularkey and his "has been" staff of crusty veteran coaches, all I can say is the proof is in the numbers - the Titans have been in every game so far, even with sometimes poor secondary play and quarterback / receiver growing pains. I'm sure all of the people who circled the Titans as guaranteed wins on their schedule are now taking a real hard second look. Even in the best years with McNair the Titans never put up offensive numbers like this. If this team had the defense from the 1999 season it is possible we would be undefeated. Think about that. The culture is everything and those that judge Mularkey purely on his stats before becoming the Titan's interim coach are forgetting that everyone has growing pains before they have success. The wins and losses are secondary to creating a winning atmosphere, and this coach and GM tandem have brought this group together while embracing the team's heritage. I'm excited for the future of this franchise.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

possibly ....

LOL

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

For those of you that have children, you will appreciate this quote: The older your kids get the smarter you become.

Mularkey may have evolved somewhat, but as most know, it takes time to put talent together and find out what works and what doesn't. Combine that with getting a QB up to speed trying to learn a new system and it sometimes appears the coaches are all to blame. I have never called for Mularkey to be fired, but wished he was a better gameday coach. Maybe, like Mariota, he is learning too.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

just not a fan of option plays with a fumble-prone QB & passing plays with only 2 WRs running routes.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You could tell Rodgers was completely frustrated with his receivers. After bad routes he would be motioning where they should have gone. At his presser after the game he was really down, and even hinted at retirement (unless some changes were made). The Packers are just a shell of what they used to be. This is why I am not yelling playoffs just yet. We beat a team like the Broncos....then I get on the bandwagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar