Mike Mularkey & Terry Robiskie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think we were all a little too critical of Mularkey and Co. from the beginning, just because we were all skeptical of the way he was hired plus his past history as a HC.

Because of that we hammered them during the 1st 4 weeks of the season. but really, what should you expect from a brand new staff with a lot of new players on offense? (Especially when they took over the leagues worst team) ... it takes time for everyone to get in sync.

Now that they have done that, I couldn't really be more impressed with this offense. it's balanced, its tough, we make big plays, we are able to put up big points ... it's a huge turn around from last year.

If we can add a couple more pieces on D, I think we could be contender as early as next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Super bowl this year or bust for you huh?!?

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Agreed.

Mularkey/Robiskie still do some questionable stuff. Murray and Henry are both at their best coming out of the backfield... not HB draws/read options. And we need to do less empty backfield. Unless it's an obvious passing situation to begin with.

The past 6 weeks have been much better, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

Also, Mularkey was incredibly stupid going for 2 when he did yesterday... trying to make it a 21 point margin, but it was too early to think about that. His decision put us at a 16 point (two score lead) for a minute there, rather than 17 (three score). It's those little things he better learn from and never do again.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll say this, they're better than week-1,,which is encouraging because many here thought they were tired old dinosaurs that didn't fit today's NFL, but they've evolved every week to get the best out of this team..

So yea they're doing alright, but now is not the time to get comfortable.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

This has been my contention all along, that he has brought the team together, and they play hard for him, but he lacks game day skills. Sometimes he gets too cute, or lets Robiskie do it. These long developing plays to the sidelines always seem to get blown up and lose yards, and twice in the last two weeks they have run MM to the short side of the field (I won't even call it an option because it's too crowded to pitch). If you are going to use his speed let him run to the wide side. He doesn't cut well but has great straight line speed. Things like this make me cringe.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

They are doing pretty good...Much better than I thought would ever happen honestly.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If we're putting up 30 points per game, I can live with a few play calls that I don't agree with.

No one expected the results we are seeing.

I was OK with Mularkey but Robiski scared me. He has made this into one of the more powerful offenses in the league.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We built a really good race car.....just needed a driver. MM is getting there.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I can see very little upside to risk injury to MM running that play. Far too valuable with the other things he does to gain a few yards that way. And you can tell he's been instructed to slide at the first sign of a defender. Throw that play away.

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

As long as we keep pounding the ball. You can all see that it's obviously opening up our passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar