Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Some teams bring in a ton of fans and others don't. There were a ton of empty seats the last two home games.

Add to the mix the trend of declining attendance across the league and I don't think any NFL owner can count on opposing fans to make up the difference.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I can only speak for myself. I've been close so many years to simply not renewing. I used to carry 8 PSL's for clients. And even during the bad years, when I had trouble giving them away, I kept on because game days were an enjoyable escape. Sometimes it was my friends/clients, sometimes my children and their friends.

I dropped 2 and saved 6 for the past 4 years. And that's because I'm a family of six. My children are now living in different cities. And I'm older and just don't enjoy the full day of partying (really the 2 days after) that it takes. I'm also in a position to travel to away games and find that much more enjoyable than home games. I've just been to so many games like you and other fellow founding PSL holders have.

I found the sham hires of Munchak and Mularkey an egregious affront to PSL holders. If not for Mariota and a bevy of high draft picks- I'd have checked out completely when AAS rammed Mularkey on us.

So to answer your question- I stand by my statement I submitted to my ticket rep in very clear terms. If Mularkey is not replaced in at the conclusion of this season, I am not renewing. A lot of folks around me have expressed a similar sentiment. I don't care about new uniforms. The new gameday stuff is only of moderate interest, although it is appreciated. Just not significant enough. and I don't think bringing in a big name FA makes a difference either. This team isn't close under Mularkey's O scheme.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah...admittedly I attended a Steeler game and Bear game as reference lol. That Bear game was really rough since I flew from Chicago as well, so basically spent the whole f-in weekend with those obnoxious people LOL.

I am guessing that Hag fans do not travel quite as much as Steelers fans...

4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

they were pretty much begging people to come to a "win and you are in" game. That should tell you all you need to know about ownerships attendance expectations. If they cant get people to show up to pretty much the biggest game the franchise has had in 10 years without a full on marketing blitz, its obvious changes are needed. Im pretty sure Mularkey is gone.

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Thanks

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

If MM actually refuses to make changes to his staff, hopefully that was his last press conference as head coach of the Titans

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Fire Mularkey

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

i hope so

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Looks like the Mike Mularkey Encore Tour.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Wear your hip boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar