Mike Mayock top 20 and position rankings..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story...emplate=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

1. Aaron Curry LB
    2. Eugene Monroe OT
    3. Michael Crabtree WR
    4. Jason smith OT
    5. Robert Ayers DE
    6. Knowshon Moreno RB
    7. Brandon Pettigrew TE
    8. Mathew Stafford QB
    9. Jeremy Maclin WR
    10. Brian Orakpo DE
    11. BJ Raji DT
    12. Mark Sanchez QB
    13. Andre smith OT
    14. Vontae Davis CB
    15. Percy harvin
    16. Jerry Peria DT
    17. Malcom Jenkins
    18. Josh Freeman QB
    19. Brian Cushing LB
    20 Larry English DE

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Any chance that any of these guys will fall to us at #30?

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't know if I necessarily want any of them to fall to us. Once I have my guys picked out, I just can't fathom a situation where they aren't Titans. Alphonso Smith/Hackeem Nicks. Period.

4. Big Time Titan

Yeah I want a CB too. I'm not too sure about WR though. I'd like one of the USC LBs to fall to us. Or Vontae Davis.

Don't know too much about Nicks. Is this the year we go WR in round 1?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The link to his position rankings. Note that nicks is not among the top 5 Wrs.

I thought this would be interesting because mayock doesn't think the same way as most guys and his rankings don't fall in line with other online sites like GBN, draft countdown or draft consensus.

This year he doesn't think the top 10 guys except for maybe curry have anything over the next 10. In his opinion we would be in a great value position picking at 30.

He also doesn't like the class of CBS much at all.

6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

If we go WR, I guess it's between heyward-bay, britt, and nicks. Hopefully we go WR 1st round.

7. Big Time Titan

Yeah if we go WR early, It might be better to take em in the 1st because most of the better guys will be gone by the time our 2nd pick comes around. I don't know that either of those 3 guys are worth that 1st pick.

Especially if a really good defensive player is there instead. I guess we'll all see come draft weekend.

8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I always want us to get a WR in the 1st but this year I really want a CB watch us get a WR instead

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is not good value in CB in rd one. Better to get a guy like moore in rd 2 or a guy like martin in rd 3.

The best players, the best value are the defensive linemen. Ayers, tyson jackson or ziggy hood represent more value than any CB or WR.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

There is good value if Butler would fall or even Davis but that would be pretty slim but not impossible where CB would be a good value then even though Davis has some character questions. Alphonso can play there is no doubting that but he would be a slight reach at our pick in that case I think we go in another direction like LB, DL, WR in no order.

I think theres solid guys that could be had in rounds 2-4 like Mickens, Martin, Webb ect.

I don't think you can say DL will be the best value until its our pick because Ayers is rising very fast although I can't see why, Jackson will intrigue a 3-4 defense I can't see him staying outside in a 4-3 unless he moves inside but he does offer versatility and Ziggy Hood at #30 I would not be very happy at all. The only guy I see being within trade reach is Peria if he is in the 20-25 area and I would be all for it.

I see WR and LB being the most likely to still have a big name player at that spot when we pick making it our selection if no big name CB falls or we move up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar