Mike Heimerdinger Thoughts/Hire Close

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i like the teeny tiny titan logo you added to his jacket, it's a nice touch....

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What are you talking about added? That photo is 100% real. Nike needs to do better embroidery work though.

3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Oh did ya really really think Norm Chow was screaming out Vince Young's name on Draft Day?? Chow almost automatically equaled Leinart, i just think Young was the guy Fisher and Adams wanted. Chow probably wanted Dwayne Jarret this year too.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher wanted Lienart too. Bud was the main one that wanted VY, due to his Houston grudge and to sell tickets. Reese wanted Vince too I believe, but Chow/Fish both wanted Leinart.

5. titans4life10

Yeah I can believe that, also VY is a QB you can market around, which means more money for Bud. My question is, Leinart couldnt succeed with Boldin and Fitzgerald, what would he have done with weapons not even close to that here? Leinart last year makes me automatically think of a 4-12 season last year and 6-10 this year.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I almost forgot that he took a team decimated by injuries to the AFC championship... That offense still produced a 1,000+ yard rusher and receiver. The point is that the FO never gave Heimerdinger big name free agents or high draft selections at WR. He did it with 5th rounders and undrafted free agents. He also made McNair play lights out, and when McNair went down with injury, he did it with Volek. There is no doubt in my mind that Heimerdinger would have done a better job with the talent currently on this team, than Chow has done.

7. titans4life10

By the way the Gloat, luv the Manningham sig. I have watched every Michigan game for the last 2 years, Manningham will be a stud WR in the NFL.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I agree. I wonder if Arizona fans hate their young QB as much as some Titans fans hate theirs...

9. Bobo tha Titan

Bobo tha Titan NFL's ThinkTank

If I had a 2001 Impala, that drove bad, I would get rid of it and buy another car, now if that next car, let's say a 2004 Tahoe, also drove bad, I would not get rid of that car and go back and buy that 2001 Impala. I would buy a totally new car.

Basically all I am saying is, am I the only one that think we should have possibly searched the fields and considered all the options before jumping on a car that we have already driven, and it didn't exactly work out.

I remember everyone being happy when Chow was hired, that is not how people react when you lose a good coach as everyone except seem to remember about Heimerdinger.

10. titans4life10

I got a friend that lives in Arizona, he isnt much of a fan, but i didnt hear him complaining when they brought Warner back as the starter. But hey maybe were wrong, maybe Leinart could of made Gage into an 1000 yd, 10 TD receiver?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar