Mike Heimerdinger has cancer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Hopefully it's only in the beginning stages..good luck Dinger.

2. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Does anyone know what kind of cancer ?

As someone who was shockingly diagnosed with a rare form of carcinoma myself last year (and am now undergoing further tests for possible intestinal cancer right now again - yesterday in fact) there are a hell of a lot of cancers that are extremely serious and many that aren't, I am hoping this is one that is not !

Anyone heard what kind he is facing ? The fact that chemo has been mentioned tells me this is a pretty serious though... Hoping for the best for ol' Dinger !!!!

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

'the Rifle' has had 3 OCs in his first week of being a starter - just sayin'

Best wishes Mike

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Kuharsky says he is "very sick". Damn. Hopefully they can get it under control.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The article says that type of cancer is not being revealed yet, but I agree that him going straight into chemo is not a good sign.

He will be in my prayers as well, as will you.

6. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

My thoughts are out to him and his family, pull through mike!

7. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

My prayers go out to Dinger and his family at this tough time. Get well soon God Bless.

8. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Thanks very much for that !! Probably won't know much about my situation until Friday with the holiday tomorrow...

The revelation that he starts chemo soon while not a positive sign, doesn't mean that he hasn't been managing this situation for a while now, may just not have revealed it to his fellow workers until this week. Again hoping all goes well for Mike (and for me too !)

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Definitely puts everything in perspective. Bad week in BSP, though.

Dinger is a good man who's done a lot for this organization and countless young guys that have come through the doors. Tough as nails, so I don't worry about his ability to fight through this. Our prayers are definitely with him and his family.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

My prayers go out to Dinger and his family. I hope he gets better and he is able to return to football, his family, and anything else he decides to dedicated his life to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar