Mike Evans Anyone??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey, I am not saying it could never happen, I just don't personally see it happening..Call it bad luck, flaws, whatever you want. 3 years later and most everyone as a fan and in the league has zero clue if Jake can be "The guy". That is a BIG problem, considering he is your Captain and former #8 first round pick. It wasn't like he played amazing last year. He had a few good games, and when he came back, he didn't look so hot. Whiz and the coaches are not sold on him, and it shows, so it's not just me giving lip service.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I didn't read all the replies, but Evans was super inconsistent last year. That worries me.

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

In the history of the league, the vast majority of rookie WRs take 1 to 3 years to develop into a true starting stud. Alshon Jeffery did nothing his rookie year but blew up last year. Look at Hunter last year, he didnt play much cause he was still learning the offense. Evans or Hunter can continue to develop while Wright and Washington start out, as the season goes on, you have amazing depth to work with to cover injury and open alot of new offensive looks.

Stud WRs like Evans dont come around every year. Think about there wasnt anyone like Evans in last years draft. I would even put him ahead of Hunter as far as raw talent. If he is there, I totally think we should take him. The QBs worth taking are likely not going to be there at 11, so we wouldnt be drafting a QB at 11 anyway, so it LB, DL, OL, or WR. No RB in this draft is worth the 11th pick either. Thats why Evans makes ALOT of sense now.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I am on the Evans bandwagon now. We can drop down a bit in the second to pick up a third since we are probably going best defensive player available in the second unless coaches fall in love with McCarron/Grappo/Hyde

5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Well at least you can spell, the use of English needs some work, but we can patch that up. Bottom line, I don't hate Jake, I actually like his work ethic and attitude a lot. It just sucks because he can't put it all together, even with his abilities. It is time to come to the realization that he is not the future. Simply put.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That would be amazing... With a good QB.

So if we take Evans, we better take Murray in the 4th. Well, we better take Murray in the 4th regardless (if he's there).

I have a hard time seeing him fall to #11 though. There are several teams in front of us who are candidates to take Evans (after Watkins is gone).

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How come you Murray fanatics never seem to make your case why he is so damn important to this team and if he is why not advocate taking him 11th?

Great arm? Ideal size? What is it?

I also think it is totally stupid to say we can't draft a Wr unless we get a good QB first. JC makes that silly argument. A WR drafted in this draft could be good for a decade later no matter who the damn QB is.

But please tell us why Murray is so essential to this franchise. we released a QB with better tools.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Well here are the guys who are highly likely to be gone by our pick in no particular order
    Bortles
    Manziel
    Bridgewater (i know his stock has taken a hit)
    Robinson
    Matthews
    Watkins
    Mack
    Barr
    Gilbert

This isn't accounting for the major reach or trade that happens every year. I think there is a very good chance that either Barr or Evans but not both are available when we pick. I think it will be Evans because after Mack goes in somewhere in the top 5 the pass rush needy teams will panick and scramble to get Barr. Either or Evans or Ebron should be available. I would rather take them then trade down.

The most receiver needy team in the top 10 to me is St.Louis and I bet they'll wait to their 2nd first round pick (13 overall) to address receiver. It's what I did in the mock draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Most of you guys understand that a guy can be a great college QB with a Heisman and national titles and still not be worth a warm turd in the nfl right? Matt Lienart ring a bell? Gino Toretta?

My God somebody pretend to have a pulse and a memory please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar