Mike Evans Anyone??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

Ok

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I'd take Mike Evans all day, if he is there. Could you imagine Evans and Hunter on the outside with Wright in the slot and McCluster out of the backfield.

3. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Well Washington is a FA after this season. Hunter still isn't ready to be an every down WR. So we have a need. What if one goes down? We have two capable WR and a project. We could use Evans. After this season with Washington gone, Wright and Hunter should be solid and Evans still learning as no.3. They are all different, so depending on the play call, u could sit any of the 3.

We need more WR that can play, one injury and we are in trouble

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

speaking of one injury: That's at least what we're going to get from Locker this year, and our contingency plan is being one of the worst teams in the league with Whitehurst leading the team. I hate the Titans having to draft for needs, but they NEED a QB in the first 2 rounds.

QB or DL/LB at 11, or trade back, IMO. Evans may be a great NFLer, but unless he ends up being Jerry Rice or Calvin Johnson, it's unlikely he will be a good pick in our current situation. That is, unless we consider 2014 a write-off, and hope for a top 5 pick at QB next season.

It worked with Marvin Harrison and later getting Manning.. but I wouldn't bank on it.

Our backup plan for WR1 or WR2 is a lot stronger than our backup plan for QB.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

1. You can rotate that -- keep guys fresh
    2. Guys get injured
    3. We can run more 3 and 4 WR sets to take advantage of the personnel

7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

There is also no QB going to be available at 11 to pick. Carr might be there, but they are not going to pick him in round 1. Im fine with going Evans in 1 and QB in 2. I rather have Murray in 4th though.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I understand the rotation thing.. but do you want so many top picks rotating. Every play they are not on the field, they are worthless.

As far as the injury thing, I don't think 1st round picks should be used as injury backups (unless you are grooming a QB)

for the 4WR thing. We've got 3 set already in Wash, Wright, and Hunter. I assume McCluster would be the other slot man, or if not, your 4th WR does not have to be a phenom, considering they will be on the field very sparsely. I'd assu

IMO, Taking a WR here says that either Hunter or Wright are destined to be 3rd WRs at best, and that is an unwise use of 1stish round picks, unless you've got a Brady or a Manning throwing to them, making use of every one of them.

We could get a whole lot of mileage out of a solid pass rushing OLB, or a stud DT. QB will be the only pick I will love, but I could roll with the Defensive idea.
    WR, Safety, OL, CB, RB, I can't be happy with.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I couldn't agree more...BUT, who is to say they don't add Evans, then get their QB in round 2 or 4? Could be lethal. Now you have a stud 6'5 receiver causing mis-matches and a QB to compete with Jake. That being said, I do think they need to make QB the priority overall.

10. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

What QB do u want? Locker is the starter. You don't draft a qb in round 1 to be the backup. We will not draft a QB in round 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar