Microsoft to offer SIX (6) versions of Vista ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, to say Mac sucks was obviously just a stab at Mac users. Just like some Vince Young fans say Cutler sucks :winker:

But Windows is by and large the better OS of the two.

Regarding OSX on x86, I actually spoke to a co-worker today who said it is possible, although it runs pretty... well crappy.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If so, why are they opening up to the "non-Mac"(so speak) architecture? If so, why are the sales of x86 PC's several times bigger than the Mac?

Some companies? I'd venture to say it's about 75% of companies that don't develop for Mac. Not because they don't "want" to, but a) because Windows is the more commong operating system and b) because of a lack of developer "support" from Apple. Now to elaborate on what I mean by support, I'd point to the fact that Microsoft spends a lot of resources on tools, documentation and the developer communities for their products in general. I haven't seen the same aggressive commitment from Apple.

Well that's not exactly a state secret. Then again, everybody probably copied IBM back in the days.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually it would be Mac PowerPC vs. Intel x86 (not with the new Mac's though, since they will use Intel x86) and OSX vs Windows.

One of Apple's strongpoints over the years was actually their hardware. Their computers were very fast, especially for graphical applications, however being so tightly bound to the OS, it was useless in any other computer.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay, guys, now for the big question: Star Wars or Star Trek???

5. It's very simple. IBM's processors ran way too hot. They couldn't manage to create a decent G5 processor that was capable of running in a laptop. It just got too hot. That's one of the biggest (though not only) reasons they switched to Intel. Apple needs to have top of the line laptops, plus they also wanted a modern processor that could go in a Mac mini, which is also very small and needs an energy efficient CPU.

The fact is, Apple had been developing an Intel native version of OSX from day 1. OSX was based on NextStep, which ran on Intel hardware. Apple always had it as a contingency plan in case they had to switch to Intel.

What about it isn't readily accessible?

6. You are welcome to your opinion, but that's all it is...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

This is the second most ignorant statement in the history of ignorant statements

but I'd LOVE to hear WHY you think so

I'm guessing it's because if all corporations actually implemented their systems into Macintosh architecture that you'd be out of a job ?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

by the way, in the 6 years since "switching" to Macintosh, I have yet to have a single problem of any description

no virus'
    no 'fatal exceptions' have occured
    no hardware / software conflicts
    no NEED to access administrative functions
    not a single crash
    NEVER needed to call tech support of any kind

none , nada, zip

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i've never had that either. Big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar